Chapter Five

Callum's POV

I walked into detention with a huge grin on my face, excited to spend some time with Dylan outside of school. I scanned the room, and saw a girl with light purple hair, and the three football players I'd fought yesterday. The guys stared daggers at me as I made my way to the back of the classroom. A short older man with glasses walked in, I assumed he was a teacher in charge of detention.

"Listen up, I'm not sure how this many of you managed to get detention on the second day of school, but I have some rules. Rule number one, no talking. Two, no using cellphones, but you may read a book or do homework to pass the time. My third and final rule is that only one bathroom break is permitted, if you go and don't come back, another three days of detention will be added on. Do you all understand?" He asked, sternly.

There were mumbles of "yes" and "sure" from the group.

I pulled out my anatomy homework, and began working on it. I briefly looked around to see what everyone else was doing. The girl with the purple hair was texting, her phone tucked in the desk, and the football guys were quietly whispering to one another. The teacher was busy typing away on his laptop, completely oblivious to what was going on around him.

I was almost finished with my homework when a note landed on my desk. It read "Stay away for Dylan!". I looked up to see who had written it, and the kid with the black eye, Justin, was staring at me. I stared back as I crumpled the paper into a ball and threw it in the recycling bin from my seat. He blew out a breath of annoyance and turned back to his friends. What did it matter to him if I hung out with Dylan or not?

A phone started to ring and simultaneously my phone vibrated. The teacher got up, grabbing his cellphone.

"I've got to take this call, I'll be back in a few minutes. No talking."

The second he left, Justin got up and sat in the seat beside me. I purposely ignored him, and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I seen that I got a text message from Dylan. Instantly, I was smiling again.

"Was my note not clear?" Justin questioned, as his eyes darted to my phone and then back to me.

"It was pretty clear, I just don't care about what you have to say." I responded with a shrug, which seemed to piss him off immensely.

"Stop trying to get close to her, she's never going to sleep with you. You need to back off."

What the fuck was this guys problem.

"I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but I am not trying to sleep with Dylan. She's my friend, and frankly it isn't any of your damn business." I said.

"Oh sure, you're the one guy in this school that doesn't want to get in her pants. As if I'm gonna believe that. Stay away from her or you'll get what's coming to you, Gage." He replied, just before he got up and returned to his seat.

Did this kid like her or something? Maybe he was a jealous ex. I don't know and I don't care, his threats didn't faze me at all. I could feel his eyes burning a hole into the side of my face as I opened up the message from Dylan. She had sent me her address. I quickly texted her back, and told her that I would be there around 3:45.

-

As I drove home from detention, I started to feel nervous. What if I said or did something stupid in front of Dylan and completely ruined her opinion of me. What if Sara said something to offend her and she didn't want to hang out with me anymore. The more I thought about the worst that could happen, the more knots I had in my stomach.

Dylan had to be the most gorgeous girl I have ever seen in my life, and as luck would have it, our lockers were side by side. The fact that I was her first friend at Glendale boggled my mind, because she was incredibly sweet and seemed very down to earth. Unlike the other girls at school, she wasn't throwing herself at me or trying to seek my attention. Dylan was unapologetically her self.