Chapter Twenty Seven

My head ached when I woke up. I sat up and instantly began to feel dizziness. When I opened my eyes, I realized that I was in the living room of the cabin instead of the bedroom that Callum and I had shared this past weekend. Looking around, I saw that Callum wasn't here.

I stood up and began to walk to the stairs, but tripped over something hard. Looking down, I realized it was a person, that person being Kelly's brother Bryan.

"What the hell." He groaned. "You stepped on my head." He said rubbing his head, as he got up and sat on the couch.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were down there But why were you sleeping on the ground? Better question, why are you here?" I asked.

"You don't remember? I kept you company last night while Callum and my sister talked upstairs."

Thinking on last night, the last thing I remember was Callum asking him and Kelly to leave after we hung out with them for a brief time. I couldn't comprehend the rest of the night was a blur seeing as I only had one drink. What Bryan was saying also didn't make any sense, because Callum wouldn't have left me with a stranger, and he didn't seem to have any desire to have a private conversation with Kelly last time I checked.

"No, I don't remember any of that. Do you know where Callum is by any chance?" I said, trying to rake my brain for recollections of last night.

He looked down at his lap and fiddled with his fingers.

"Nah I don't, I should be heading out though." He replied, standing to his feet.

Weird.

I walked him to the door and he turned around and smiled at me awkwardly.

"Nice meeting you."

"Mhm, you too." I mumbled before closing the door and locking it.

Walking to the stairs, I was still trying to wrap my head around what happened last night. I hoped that talking to Callum would give me some clarity.

When I approached the master suite, the door was already cracked so I pushed it open. Immediately, I found Callum in bed snoring, one of his bare legs falling off of the bed. As I approached the bed, it became clear to me that someone was sleeping beside him. With her face covered by the blanket, all I could see was light brown highlighted hair spilling on the pillow next to Callum.

I took a step back as my breath slightly hitched. Something caught on my sock as I backed away from the the bed, looking down, I found a red lace bra. With my gaze still on the ground, I could see what looked like a used condom peeking from underneath the bed.

My body began to shake as tears clouded my vision. I put my hand over my mouth to hold back the sob that threatened to wake up Callum and Kelly. Unconsciously, tears fell from my face as I stared at the two of them in bed together. No longer caring if they heard me or not, I rushed over to my things and began shoving my clothes into my duffle. I quickly put on my shoes and slung my bag over my shoulder as snot leaked from my nose.

"Why the rush?" I heard from behind me. Turning around, I found Kelly sitting up and smirking at me, her bare breasts on full display.

I sniffled and looked at her with disgust.

"Fuck you." I sneered.

Not having anymore to say to her, I calmly walked out of the room and bolted down the stairs. Grabbing my cellphone from the living room, I walked out of the cabin, not bothering to lock the door behind me.

Once I was outside, I felt my knees buckle, and I fell to the ground sobbing.

How could Callum do this to me?

I thought he loved me but that couldn't possibly have been true since he jumped into bed with his ex the minute they were reunited; under the same roof as me nonetheless. I never could have imagined that he would betray me like this, it felt like my heart was being torn from my chest.

I wiped my tears away, and stood to my feet, brushing dirt off of my leggings. I took out my phone and called Amy. After two short rings, she answered.

"Amy?" I said, my voice trembling.

"Hey Dyl, hows the romantic weekend going? Did you give it up yet?!" She asked with excitement.

I felt tears starting to build up again as I sniffled.

"Amy could you please come and pick me up?" I cried.

"Oh no, what happened?" She said, with concern.

"I can't get into it right now, please just come for me." I pleaded, wiping my nose with the back of my hand.

"Of course Dylan, I'm leaving right now. Send me your location and I'll be there as soon as possible." She said in haste.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"No worries babe, I'll see you soon."

I stood at the end of the street, praying that Amy got here before Callum woke up and decided to look for me. After an hour and some change of waiting, Amy's black Mercedes G wagon pulled on to the street. She parked infront of me, and I let out a sigh of relief. As soon as I got into the car, she pulled me into a tight embrace. My body began to shake as I cried into her shoulder.

"Thank you for coming. I didn't know who else to call."

She nodded, still hugging me. "Of course I came Dylan, I'm glad you called me."

I broke our embrace, and sat back in my seat. "Can we go, I need to get out of here."

She quickly put the car into drive, and pulled off. We sat in silence for about fifteen minutes, I knew she wasn't asking about what happened because it was obvious that I didn't want to talk about it. But knowing Amy, I knew that she was desperate to have all the information.

"How did you get here so fast?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Well I kind of sped." She said, sheepishly.

"Of course you did." I smiled. "I know you probably want to know what happened." I said, interlocking my fingers.

She looked at me quickly and then back at the road. "Not if you're not ready to talk about it."

I shook my head, and began tell her everything. From me losing my virginity, to us meeting Kelly at the candy store, and finally, I told her about the events of this morning.

She pulled the car over and stared at me in shock.

"Are you being serious?"

I nodded, looking away from her.

She ran her fingers through her dark hair, her icy blue eyes filled with anger. "When I see him I am going to rip his balls off and shove them down his throat!"

I looked at her, amused as she continued to curse under her breath.

"When I get my hands on that piece of shit, he's going to regret ever bringing his English ass to my fucking school."

I giggled , her outburst making me feel a little better about my current situation.

"He's Welsh, not English." I say.

"Yea well whatever the fuck he is, he's gonna regent ever hurting you. When I see get a hold of him, that asshole is going to wish he was back in the UK."

I shook my head, smiling at her. "Please drive, I want to go home."

She grabbed my hand, and began to drive. "Let's get you home then."