Chapter 15: Coasters

So.. It's been like two months since I've even touched this story... I have no other explanations for my absence except for school and work... So sorry but I'm here now ;-;

((JACK'S POV))

I raced past Marshall in a frenzy, I haven't felt this energetic in decades. I came to a halt at the theme park entrance and waited for Marshall to catch up with me.

"Someone is particularly eager today." Marshall pointed out, slightly out of breath.

"And someone else is particularly out of shape today." I teased back.

Marshall rolled his eyes while puffing out his chest. "Oh shut up. Come on we're sneaking in."

I paused and gave him a strange look. I guess I had to act like a normal human since that's what I was portraying for today. I shrugged and snuck past the ticket booth close behind Marshall.

But I still had one question on my mind. "But if neither of us have money, how are we going to get the tickets to get on the rides?"

Marshall simply smirked at me. "Which ride do you want to go on first?" He asked me.

I skimmed the fair grounds and found a roller coaster that caught my eye. It was called the "Manic Panic". I pointed towards it and the raven haired boy nodded, walking towards it.

I followed behind him in curiosity. As we approached the entrance a woman in her early twenties held out her hand. "Ticket please." She said to Marshall and I. I nervously looked over at Marshall but he just gave the brunette a sickly sweet smile.

Her eyes glazed over as Marshall took her hand into his own. "Don't you think you could make an exception for me and my friend here?"

The woman nodded and opened the gates for us to pass through. I felt a slight twinge of jealousy at the way Marshall flirted with that woman to get what he wanted, but I shook the thoughts away.

I was just being ridiculous right? Marshall came out here to hang out with me so I should be happy.

Just then I felt my seat jolt forward as the coaster started off on it's path. I looked over at Marshall and saw him chewing on his lower lip absentmindedly.

"You okay?" I nudged him with my arm.

"Yeah. Roller coasters just aren't my thing."

I grinned. "Here we gooo!" I shouted and raised my arms up in the air as the coaster shot down at an almost ninety degree angle.

Everyone around us what shouting, screaming, laughing, and cheering. Marshall of course was screaming and holding on to the hand railing with all his might.

In that moment, I felt so alive, so carefree and happy. I was having a normal human life for right now and it was all thanks to Marshall. I glanced over at him as the coaster took a sharp turn to the left, causing our shoulders to bump against each other.

Marshall had his eyes squeezed shut and I just laughed at his reaction. Underneath his stone cold appearance was a guy that longed for love and care. I loved that I was the one that was able to see his softer sides.

The coaster came to a gradual stop, and Marshall was the first to jump out of his seat, and onto the side walk.

"Never again!" He shouted as I climbed out after him. "I could have died up there."

I rolled my eyes at his exaggerations. "Oh don't be so dramatic. You're just fine, all in one piece."

"Barely..." He muttered under his breath.

I chuckled and started off towards the tea cups. "Let's go on those!" I shouted and sped off.

I could hear Marshal groan behind me as he jogged to keep up. "I'm gonna barf before the day is over Jack!" He shouted.

I threw my head back in a fit of laughter as I neared the tea cup line.

I knew this was the start of a beautiful day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I know this was really short... But I have a ton of homework to get done and I wanted to update this story so you don't think I've completely given up on it. I promise the next chapter will be full of cute Jack x Marshall fluff to make up for my absence. Until next time.

~Miki