Chapter 12: Please Let Me Stay

So here I am with another chapter finally. And I'm going to have ROMANCE IN IT. OHMYGOSH WHAT? Yeah. I figured it's time for a little bit of it since I'm on chapter 12 now. It's also going to be in Jacks POV :3 So yeah. Enough chit chat. Sit back and enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((JACK'S POV))

I shook my head to myself as I peeked inside of Marshall's bedroom window. I could see him laying down in his bed under his covers. I smiled to myself as I looked at his sleeping face.

He looked so much younger while sleeping. His deep scowl was gone, the wrinkles around his nose were gone since he wasn't snarling at someone for once... I chuckled at the memory of this boys temper problems. I gently tapped on the window, but he didn't even stir.

He must be sound asleep...

I decided to break in. I shrugged as I pulled up his window just enough to let myself in. I tip toed over to the side of his bed and stood still for a few seconds, listening to see if any one else was still awake.

The mansion was deadly silent. I assumed this was a good thing and perched myself at the foot of his bed.

Marshall slightly opened his eyes and glanced at me. I smirked at him as he turned over, burying his face into his pillow.

I assumed he thought he was dreaming until he snapped his head up and scrambled away from me in a panic.

"Jack what are doing here in my room?" He hissed at me.

I shook my head. "You looked so much better without that scowl you know."

This only caused Marshall's scowl to deepen. "You didn't answer my question."

I simply shrugged, knowing this vague answer would drive the raven haired boy mad.

Marshall growled and threw the blankets off of himself and stood up. I watched him as he stalked over to the window, opening it more. "Get. Out." He snapped at me.

I gave him my best attempt at a pout. "You wouldn't really throw me back out into the cold would you?"

Marshall scoffed at me. "Hell yeah I would. Now leave."

I crossed my arms. "No."

Marshall let out a low growl. "Jack. I was in the middle of a peaceful sleep and you ruined it. Now leave. I don't want any company right now."

I shook my head in a childish manner and buried myself under his blankets instead, smiling when I heard his exasperated sigh.

He stalked back over to the bed side and stood there in silence for a few moments. "Listen here snow flake. I'm going to ask you nicely to leave once more. And then I'm using force."

I lowered the blankets a bit to show my face. I smirked at him suggestively. "What kind of force?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

Marshall rolled his eyes. "That's it. OUT!" Marshall grabbed my wrists, but I was one step ahead of him.

I grabbed his shirt collar, catching him off guard and pulled him into bed with me. I acted quickly while he was still processing what was happening and pinned him before he could lash out at me.

"So was that way of using force? I haven't seen anyone use this technique before." I chuckled at his red face.

"Jack get off of me!" He continued to struggle against me.

"Um... No." I stuck my tongue out at him.

I could feel Marshall's pulse quicken as I lowered my face to his. "W-what are you doing?!"

"Marshall?" I lowered my voice as our breathes mingled together.

"What is it you jerk?" He snarled.

I let go of one of his wrists and brushed some of his jet black hair out of his face in a slow gesture. "Please let me stay."

I saw his cheeks turn a bright red and he pushed me off of him in a lightning fast move. "Why the hell do you wanna stay here?"

I didn't want Marshall to know the real reason why I wanted to be near him.

I was feeling extremely lonely that night. Especially after being cruelly reminded that no one could actually see me. I yearned for the feeling of being close to someone. And right now, I needed that closeness from this moody brat.

I shrugged my shoulders, trying to hide the fact that him pushing me away hurt me. "I'm just bored."

Marshall gave me a blank look. "You're bored at one in the morning? Shouldn't you be sleeping somewhere?"

"I don't have anywhere to sleep."

"Really?"

I nodded and Marshall sighed deeply. "Don't get used to me showing you kindness, snow flake."

I smiled as I watched him scoot over in his bed, making room for me. "I'd never dream of it, grump."

Marshall rolled his eyes and flopped down, turning his back to me. I crawled over to his side and slipped under his blankets and got comfortable.

"Don't move around so much. I'm trying to sleep you know."

I smiled at the pout that I could hear in his tone. "Goodnight to you too sweetheart."

"Yeah. Whatever."

I sighed and closed my eyes, falling asleep to the calming rhythm of Marshall's breathing, and the heat rolling off his body.

And I swear, that night I had the most peaceful sleep I've ever had in a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''

Was that a sucky attempt at romance? ;-; I don't want to rush things too fast and make the romance feel fake and unnatural... But regardless, I hope you enjoyed. Until next time.

~Miki~