Chapter 2: I Hate Snow

Yay chapter two you guys :D!!! I'm not entirely sure how fast or slow I want to pace the romance yet... But keep in mind Jack and Marshall will hate each other at first. SO BE PATIENT FOR THE ROMANCE. Let's be realistic for a bit, and let them fight for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((MARSHALL LEE'S POV))

I hate the snow. I really, REALLY can't stand the cold at all.

I continued to mumble to myself as I trudged through the miles of cold and snow in search of this winter nuisance. How the hell did my father expect me to find this being if he didn't even know what he looked like?

I growled under my breath and glared at the puff of white smoke that blew out from my mouth.

Stupid cold. I mumbled.

To make matters worse, I had no idea where I was. I assumed it was too cold for people to be running out and about since the streets were almost empty. Thankfully I was able to conceal myself with the hood of my black jacket.

As long as no one looked at my neck, I could pass for being human, despite the extremely pale, almost grey tone of my skin. I cursed my father for having given me that trait.

Just then, my streak of luck had run out. A approached me cautiously, I assumed she was in her late teens.

"Hey..." She said eyeing me up and down. "You lost or something?"

I came to a halt and huffed out in annoyance. "No I'm not lost."

"Oh!" She smiled. "Then you live around here?"

"No, I don't live here in uh..." I trailed off, not knowing where "here" was.

"Um, Maine?" She knitted her eyebrows together. Probably thinking I was an idiot.

Oh. So I was in America. Alright, I cleared my throat. "Yeah. Maine. I'm simply on my way to visit a friend."

"Aww really?" She pouted. "Well, is there anything you might need? It's pretty cold out here."

I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes as she twirled a piece of her hair between two fingers, trying to look cute.

"No. But thanks." I quickly maneuvered myself around her and continued on my way.

Unfortunately, she followed me. "Are you sure? I'm very familiar with this place. What's your name?"

I growled to myself and spat over my shoulder. "I do not need your help, trust me. I'm fine, and I prefer to not talk to strangers any longer."

I quickened my pace, and she stood in place, dumbfounded. I grinned in victory and continued on my way. Humans were so pathetic. Who did she think she was flirting with me? A complete stranger? I rolled my eyes.

I am prince of the underworld. Next in line to the throne! I do not have time to waste on pathetic Earth dwelling females.

Now, I scouted the region I was in, I was nearing the edge of the neighbor hood, and in the distance I spotted the perfect place to start my search for this icy being.

Mountains.

I took a last glance around me, not seeing anymore humans, I took flight.

Forget walking. It would take me hours. And I wanted to go home.

*        *        *        *

As I neared the mountains, I landed on the highest one, hoping to find something interesting.

And to be honest, I think I had Lady Luck rooting for me. Down below the mountain I was standing on, I saw flashes of blue and white. The temperature was coldest here as well.

I knew I had found my target. An evil grin spread across my face.

Easier than I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just to clear things up a bit. When I say one of my characters "Spat". I don't actually mean they spit out saliva. I just mean the words they are saying are said with a harsh tone. Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Until next time.

~Miki~