Chapter 10: Don't Be Weak

Yay I decided to get on my lap top and write another chapter because the last chapter was depressingly short ;-; So this is like my apology.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((MARSHALL LEE'S POV))

I heard a knock on my bedroom door that snapped me out of my downward spiral just for a moment. I swear my heart stopped beating, thinking that it was my father.

"It's open." I called out, praying it was anyone but him.

To my relief, Alice walked in with a sheepish grin displayed on her face. "I hope I'm not being a bother right now."

I smiled and patted the spot next to me on my bed. "It's fine."

Alice sat down next to me gracefully and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "You know nothing is permanent right?"

I snorted at her optimism. "What exactly are you hinting towards?"

"Your bad relationship with your father. I know it's bad, especially after what happened yesterday. But it's not permanent. He just hasn't found the proper way to let out his pent up emotions."

"He found a way to let them out. He let's them out by taking out all his anger on me." Despite my bitter mood, I leaned into Alice's warm embrace, thankful that she was there.

"I know he does. But I just think that your father has never come to terms with the fact that he lost the love of his life. He doesn't know how to deal with the depression and other emotions that come with losing a loved one..."

"Are you seriously defending the asshole right now?"

She frowned at my word choice and shook her head. "Marshall I'm not defending your father, I'm just telling you what I see from my point of view. Your father is far from being over the death of your mother, and he desperately wanted a way to deflect the guilt he was feeling from her death. I'm positive that he knows the death of Aria wasn't your fault, but he couldn't handle the pain, so he pushed all his anger on to you. I'm not saying he has a right to treat you this way but maybe if you could just try to talk to him again and understand tha-"

I snapped my head up from Alice's shoulder and glared at her with accusing eyes. "Talk to him and understand? Understand what? I was a child when my mother died, Alice. A child. And my father has been blaming me for her death ever since. How the hell am I supposed to understand what he's feeling when he refuses to even think about how I feel?"

"I know it's hard for you. Losing your mother and having a rocky relationship with your father has to be tough, I can see the effect it has on you. But please, try to not let this anger get the best of you. I would never want you to turn out like your father..."

I knew Alice meant well, but right now I didn't want to hear her reasoning with my about my father's actions. What I wanted was to vent about how much I hated my father. I wanted her to side completely with me and tell me how much of an ass he is. I didn't want to understand anything about him. He was as good as dead if you ask me.

"You don't know how lucky you are..." I mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Alice's brows furrowed together.

"You were an orphan. You never met your parents. You have no idea how lucky you really are. I would love to switch places with you and never have met my father..." I laughed harshly.

I felt Alice's body stiffen next to me. "Don't say terrible things like that.."

I turned to face her. "Why shouldn't I? I hate my father, he hates me. The world would just be a better place if we had just never met each other."