Chapter 7: It's Your Fault

I just really am loving this story you guys... That explains why I have been updating it more often now. I just love this pairing. It should be shipped more. No more Elsa x Jack. Let's make Jack x Marshall popular ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((MARSHALL'S POV))

A single tear slowly traveled down my cheek as faded memories of my mother came back to me. The memories that I have left of her are hazy due to the fact that I was only seven when she died. I have pictures of her hidden in my room when I want to be reminded of her face.

So many aspects about her have been long forgotten though. I couldn't remember what her voice sounded like. I no longer knew how it sounded when she laughed. I don't remember many moments we shared, or how happy my father looked when he was near her.

I couldn't remember any of it. I had been coping with it very well, but I have to look at her pictures often otherwise I'm afraid every memory I have of her will be erased from my mind.

I sighed and rolled over in my bed. Why did that asshole have to remind me of these sad memories right now? I scowled at my ceiling. Why am I thinking of him so much?

Maybe it's because he always pisses me off. I've never been able to get back at him for all those times. That seemed like a logical answer. I shrugged and tried to get some sleep. I would talk to my father in the morning about Jack's surprise visit here. We needed some security or something guarding the palace if he thinks he can just show up when he pleases.

I grunted and got comfortable, letting sleep wash over my body.

*          *          *          *          *           *

((MARSHALL'S DREAM))

I heard a light tapping on my door. "Your highness? Your mother requested for you to come see her." I heard Alice, our newest maid, from the other side of my bedroom door.

I climbed off of my bed and opened the door. "I'm coming." I informed her.

She gave me a quick nod and went down the opposite end of the hallway, to do chores I assumed.

I walked down the black iron grand staircase and walked into my parent's room. My mother was currently very ill. She has been for a long time, but she seemed to be a little better today. My tiny heart was filled with hope that today was the day that she would get better.

I knocked on the door lightly. "M-mom?" I peeked my head around the half closed doorway.

"It's okay honey. Come in." My mom was sitting up in bed with a book in her lap.

I bounced over to her bed and crawled on it to sit next to her. "Be careful son." My father gave me a warning look.

I returned his warning with a sheepish smile and carefully sat next to my mother. She smiled and wrapped her arms around me. "Marshall, you know I love you. Right?"

I was confused at her sudden question, but I quickly nodded my head and smiled. "Of course I know that. I love you too, mom!"

She returned my smile and hugged me. "I'll love you forever. Even when I'm not around, or you don't see me for a while, just always know that I love you. Okay baby?"

I nodded up at her again. "Okay." Her tone made me sad, but I knew what she was saying was true.

I spent the next hour with my mother, she red to me, and told me my favorite bedtime story. Alice came in a little while later and told me that my mother needed her rest. So I gave her a goodnight kiss and made my way back up to my room.

Later that night, I heard a commotion downstairs, I jumped out of bed to see what was going on, but no one would let me inside of my mother's room! Why couldn't I see my mommy? I began to cry, fat tears rolled down my gray cheeks as Alice came out to talk to me.

"Your highness... I'm afraid I have some very bad news for you... And I'm not sure how to say this in a child friendly way... But you're mother got worse tonight and she passed on." I could tell that Alice was trying very hard not to cry.

"Passed on? What does that mean?" I was only seven, I didn't know these words.

Alice got down on her knees and placed both of her hands on my shoulders. "Your highness, I know you are still very young, and this will be hard for you to understand. But your mother...died in her sleep tonight."

I was taken aback back her harsh words. "She d-died?" I felt more hot tears spill over.

"I'm sorry Marshall. Here comes your father." Alice got up and went back into my parents room as my father came towards me.

I stood up and wiped my tears. My father's eyes were red and puffy. He had been crying just like me. I ran towards him and hugged his legs. But my father pushed me away from him and said something to me that I would never forget.

"Don't you dare touch me. The reason your mother died is because of you." He snarled at me, and his words were like venom in my veins.

I watched as he stomped past me and went outside.

My fault?

((END OF DREAM))

I jolted awake, cold sweat covering my face and back. I pushed the covers off of me and opened my window. I looked down below at the garden just outside my window.

Mom's garden.

My father made sure that it was kept in the best condition. It was all we had left of her.

I wiped my face to see that I had been crying in my sleep. That was a dream that I have had every night since my mother died. Although every time I woke up, the memory of her in my dreams was fuzzy... Even my subconscious couldn't remember her that well.

I sat back on my bed and ran a hand through my hair. My father really does hate me. When I was around the age of thirteen, our maid Alice told me that my mother was becoming sick around the time her and my father got married.

The sickness worsened a few weeks into her pregnancy with me, and as I grew, the sicker she got. My father suggested that she abort me, but my mother was stubborn and refused to kill me to save herself, insisting that she would get better ans soon as I was born.

But she never did... In fact, after I was born, my mother just got weaker and weaker. No one knew what the illness was, or where she caught it. But the doctors said that being pregnant was draining her body of the essential vitamins and nutrients that it needed to fight off the illness.

I was taking the nutrients from her. Making her weaker.

But when I was seven years old, my mother died in her sleep, the illness had drained everything that she had left. My father has always hated me since. He's called me a leech. And I suppose he's right. I did kill my mother. He's even told me that the only reason why I'm still alive is because the throne needs an heir.

His harsh words never ceased to hurt me, but I pretended they didn't affect me. So I just put on a strong front, pretending I was happy... But  I never was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Depressing chapter guys I know ;-; But I had to include a backstory to explain the mother's death, and why the relationship between father and son is damaged :o Nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed.

~Miki~