Chapter 16: Mad Doesn't Describe How I Feel

So I don't know what to say as an opener for this chapter...

        Yeah I just won't waste your time.

                So enjoy this chapter ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((MARSHAL LEE'S POV))

"Hurry up Marshall we're not going to get a good spot in line!" Jack raced ahead of me as he ran to get a spot in line for yet ANOTHER spinney ride.

I've always hated rides in general. I feel like I'm going to puke, and I have no control over what's going on. My anxiety levels started to sky rocket as I thought of the jerking, spinning movements that this contraption was bound to make.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I mumbled and shuffled my feet a bit faster.

I looked up and saw the monstrous ride that Jack had picked out for us next. I didn't bother looking at what the ride was called. I decided to call it the Spinning Ride of Death because that's exactly what it looked like.

I gulped and looked away from the people being flung around by what looked like a giant octopus.

"Marshall you're unbelievable." Jack shook his head at me.

I frowned at him. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, for starters your dad is practically like the Grim Reaper. You live in the underworld, you collect souls, and you're next in line for the throne! And you mean to tell me that you're afraid of a little spinning ride?" Jack held his stomach as he laughed at me.

I clenched my teeth and slapped his chest. "Don't laugh at me snow flake. You just watch. I'll find something that scares the hell out of you, and make fun of you for it. See how it feels." I flipped my hair out of my eyes and glared at him.

Jack suddenly grabbed my hand and looked me dead in the eyes. "Being apart from you is my biggest fear Marshall..." Jack looked up at me, and batted his eyelashes for a bigger effect.

I felt my cheeks flush slightly as the world around us seemed to move in slow motion. I slid my hand out of his own, and let it fall limply at my side. "W-what did you just say?"

Jack threw his head back and laughed some more. "I was just messing with you man! If only you could have seen your expression. That was priceless."

I was just about to spit some sassy filled remark back at the stupid snow queen when a metal bar was slammed shut in front of us.

"Tickets please." A grumpy teenage boy demanded.

I was just about to use my amazing power of persuasion when Jack handed the guy four tickets. The ticket booth boy pushed the metal bar aside and let us through. As Jack and I climbed the ramp that led to the rows of seats, I looked over at him to see a sly smirk dance across his lips.

"How did you manage to get those tickets?"

Jack snickered. "I couldn't let you think that you were the only one capable of trickery. I plucked them out of some old mans' pocket when he wasn't looking."

My eyes widened. "Jack! You stole from the elderly? Isn't that a crime?"

He just shrugged at my remark. "Probably. But I'm also pretty sure that seducing teenage girls into letting you enter the park for free is a crime as well."

I nodded. "Touche."

We took two seats towards the back of the ride and buckled ourselves in.

The overhead speakers burst to life and cheesy creepy music started playing. I instinctlively clutched onto the metal hand railing for dear life and Jack laughed at me.

"Here we go!" He shouted as the ride pushed us up into the air.

The metal bars groaned as we started to spin in a counter clockwise direction.

God I hate rides.

I felt like we were going six-hundred miles an hour as the metal contraption spun us around mercilessly.

I screamed the entire time.

*     *     *     *     *     *

After what seemed like an eternity from hell, the ride came to a halt and slowly lowered our seats back onto solid ground. I felt every muscle in my body relax and turn into jelly as I unbuckled the seat restraints and booked it off that ride like a bat from hell.

"Marshall hold up!" I heard Jack calling out to me.

I slowed down when I was far enough away from that hellish ride, and waited for Jack to catch up with me.

I felt like I was going to vomit up every meal I had ever eaten in my entire life. My throat burned and my stomach felt like a tsunami was inside of it. I leaned forward, with my hands on my knees, and took in huge gulps of air.

"Hey man... are you gonna vomit? Cause I don't wanna witness any of that." Jack cringed.

I let out a couple of dry heaves and a few lung shaking coughs before I could properly reply.

"Never... again." I panted out.

"What? You really don't like rides?" Jack pouted down at me.

"No. I HATE rides. I only took you here to make you happy." I paused.

Crap. Why did I say that?

"You wanted to make me happy?" He questioned.

I just nodded, looking down at a few ants on the ground, too ashamed to make eye contact.

"Hey... Thanks Marshall. That's actually really nice of you. I had a great time watching you practically pee your pants on every ride." He laughed lightly and I smiled at the idiot.

"Well come on. We need to get back before my father realizes I've been gone almost the entire day." I started walking to the parks exit and Jack followed beside me.

"Do you think he'd get mad if he knew you were hanging out with me all day?" Jack asked quietly.

I looked up at the sky to see the sun beginning to set. "Mad wouldn't even begin to describe how he would feel."

Jack and I reached the exit and turned a corner onto a deserted street. I chanted quietly to myself and opened a portal home. I ushered Jack into it and followed closely behind. If my dad knew I was spending time with the person responsible for the Soul Gate freezing over, he'd strangle me and throw me into hell's firey pits himself. I shuddered at the idea of that.

As we stepped into my room I heard Jack cry out and I snapped my head around to see my father's hand latched around his throat.

"You're right son. Mad wouldn't even begin to describe how I feel." He snarled out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haha whoops I left you with a cliffy. #SorryNotSorry. I hope you enjoyed guys. Until next time.

~Miki