Chapter 8: Anger Issues

I'm so happy you guys are enjoying this story so far :3 You have no idea how much your reads, comments, and votes mean to me. And this is dedicated to my other half, Andie. She's just amazing and funny and just all things great. c: Yeah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((MARSHALL'S POV))

I heard a banging on my bedroom door and I jolted up in bed instantly, causing myself to fall on the floor. I stood up with a grunt when the persistent pounding on my door grew louder.

"I'm coming, dammit!" I yelled.

I angrily threw open the door to be greeted with the scowling face of my father. I immediately stepped back.

"G-good morning, father." I looked down at my feet, hoping he wouldn't scold me for my outburst moments ago.

"Marshall, is it true that Frost was here yesterday before I came back?"

"Oh... Yeah he confronted me while I was in the library. I told Alice and we locked up all the exits so he wouldn't come back." I shifted my weight from side to side.

My father dragged a hand down his face in annoyance. He usually did that when I did something stupid. "Son, he can go where he pleases. barriers do not stop him! Do you know nothing at all?" My father's insults stung.

I frowned. "No I didn't know he could suddenly walk through walls."

My father sighed heavily. "He doesn't simply walk through things. He can just think of a place in his mind and he is there."

"How do you know so much about Jack Frost?"

"I'm king of the Underworld. It is part of my job to know as much as I can about all other mythical beings. It will one day be your job as well. So don't forget this important information like you usually do."

My anger increased. I hated him insulting me. "Well if you know so much about him, why didn't you know that he couldn't be killed?"

I then heard a loud smack, and the sting on my cheek was felt soon after. I looked up at my father in pure shock. He hasn't hit me ever. Why now all of a sudden?

I held my face as he yelled at me. "You are disrespecting me? I'm your father and I am king. You are not allowed to be rude with me son." His eyes blazed with anger while I stood there, completely numb.

"What's wrong with you?" I whispered

"What? Speak up!"

"I asked you what the hell is your problem?" I snapped back.

"What is my problem? My problem is you." He snarled.

I scoffed. "I'm your problem? What have I ever done to you?"

"You're the reason Aria is dead!"

I took a few steps back as my father's voice grew louder. I did not want another slap to the face.

"It is not my fault. You knew she was sick. You knew she was weak. You knew she wasn't healthy enough for a baby. But you got her pregnant. So the way I see it, you are responsible. Not me. Infants are not capable of murder. But grown men are!" My voice broke at the end, emotions getting the better of me.

"I should have made Aria kill you while she had the chance. Then she would sill be alive right now."

I rolled my eyes at his ignorance. "You're right. You should have killed me off when you had the chance. I would have been better off without you for a sorry excuse of a father!" With that, I slammed the door in his face and locked it, not wanting to hear his venomous words any longer.

In a fit of rage I started throwing things around my room. I tore books off of the shelves and threw them on the ground. I picked up a vase and a satisfying shatter was heard when it collided witht he wall. With the last spurt of adrenaline I had, I drove my fist through the nearest wall.

I panted and sat down on my bed, taking in all the damage I had just made. Alice would have a fun time helping me clean this up tomorrow. I sighed and threw myself backwards onto the bed's mattress.

I then heard an all too familiar voice say, "That was quite a show."

I jolted up and my eyes landed on none other than Jack himself. "What the hell do you want?"

Jack tilted his head to the side and glanced around the room. "You two have a lovely relationship. Is Aria the name of your deceased mother?"

His questions were blunt, but his tone was soft. Jack knew this was a touchy subject for me. "Yes. That was my mother's name."

Jack simply nodded. "It's a beautiful name. Was she a nice woman?"

"Yes she was... Why the sudden interest in my mother?"

"Because I don't remember too much about mine." He looked at his feet.

I felt a smidgen of sympathy towards this sarcastic asshole. "Yeah... me either."

Suddenly, Jack stood up and walked towards me. "Look... I'm not good with apologies, but I'm sorry for making fun of you and your dad's relationship. I had no idea how things actually were between the two of you."

"You're apologizing to me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes you jerk."

I laughed quietly. "I guess you can be forgiven."

Jack gave me a faint ghost of a smile and sat down next to me. "So I'm going to say it's safe to say that you have some anger issues?"

I chuckled when I glanced around my room. "I don't usually react to my dad that way. I guess I just needed to let off some steam."

Jack nodded again. "Understandable."

"So... Why exactly are you here?" I frowned in confusion.

"I just thought I owed you an apology. My heart may be cold as ice, but I'm not heartless.

Now it was my turn to nod. "Thanks..."

The tension in the room was thicker than usual... I wasn't used to Jack being so mellow with me. Why the sudden change of heart?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally found the focus to sit down and just write... Praise the lord. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Until next time.

~Miki~