Chapter 4: New friends and dorm

"Hey wait! Let's talk outside", he called on to me.

-
-
-

The door behind the practice room close and I stared at his back. His hand was still holding on to mine as he double checked once again that no one else was near the room.

Jackson.

Jackson Wang from Got7 was holding on to my hand!

He then released his hand when he realized the awkward position we were in.

He was scratching the back of his head, thinking hard on what to say to me.

All this while, I was just studying his expressions and have not yet recover from the shock.

"Erm... So-rry about before...", he cleared his throat and looked at me intensely.

"Sorry about what?", I tried to play innocence to what he was trying to say athough I fully understood what he meant.

The conversation between him and Mark earlier on.

"I'm sure you heard and understood what Mark hyung had said just now. For that, we are really sorry... We didn't know that you-"

"Could speak English and Mandarin? And surprisingly Korean was the only language I could not understand?", I cut him off.

Ohno, am I making him feel bad 'cos he had his head hung low and shoulders slumped now.

Aren't I the mediator? I'm suppose to bring peace to JYP, I reminded myself.

"It's alright", I added quickly. "Everyone will have their first encounter isn't it? I'm sure you might have experienced the same thing back then...", I gave him a bright smile and placed my hand on his shoulder to reassure him.

He looked up with his puppy eyes.

"Jinjjyayo? You are cool with it?"

I nodded.

"Phew...I thought that I would have lost a new friend who can at least communicate well with me...", he placed his hand on his heart as he heaved a sigh of relief.

He is so dramatic.

"Oh, anyway, I'm Jackson. Jackson Wang from Got7 and I am from Hong Kong", he stretched out his hand and I shook it.

"Nice to meet you Jackson. I do know you actually before that. Heh, I'm actually a fan of Got7", I couldn't hide my excitement.

"You're the Wild and Sexy Jackson", I giggled.

He looked amused and then chuckled at my reaction.

"Wae? Wae? Wae?", I tried to copy his tone.

"Hahahaha you are really cute!", he squeezed my cheeks.

"But don't copy the way I talk! It's my only trademark okay! How am I going to continue to be on variety shows if my trademark lines are no longer special!", he pouted.

"Anyway, you are born in 1994 too? When is your birthday?"

"29 June."

"Ha!", he pointed at me and then back at himself.

"Call me Jackson oppa!", he folded his arms and said proudly.

I recalled that Jackson's birthday is on 28 March. So, that means that he's older than me by 3 months.

"Hyung", I blurted.

"Hyung? Hey, you do know tha-"

"Yes I do. But I'm more comfortable with the term hyung. 'Cos I myself is quite boyish", I explained.