Chapter 25: Final answer

NOTE: (A day before.)

JIN'S POV

Looking back at the Grand Stage, I remembered how Wendy and I first met. It was right here at this point where I was standing that she bumped and fell onto me...

That shy and embarrassed look she had while biting onto the same Pepero stick as me...

My lips curled up at the thought of her.

Surprisingly, she was the one who called me earlier and told me to come here, back to Everland.

Will she give me her answer by today? I wondered.

Looking at my watch, it was already 7pm, so there's still one more hour left before they close for the day. We had arranged to meet at 6:30pm but she's already half an hour late. My eyes began wandering about to see if she's anywhere in sight while I tapped my foot on the ground impatiently.

From a far, I noticed a small figure running towards me.

"Oppa, sorry that I'm late! I was held up by my practice today...", she panted when she finally reached me.

She was wearing a cap and she had her hair all hidden beneath it, I noticed. Not only that, my pupils darted straight to her wrist instinctively and at the next moment, my heart skipped a beat.

She's wearing it!

The bracelet I gave her!

My heart screamed for joy.

Reaching for her hand, I took hold of it and led her to somewhere else.

"It's alright! Come on, let's treasure the time and catch that ride now!"

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV

"Wendy-ssi, look at the skyscrapers all around. Isn't the night scenery of our city splendid?", Jin pointed on the window of the Ferris wheel and smiled like a little boy.

Looking at him smile now hurts me even more. He still had his hand intertwined with mine and I assumed that he had probably misunderstood everything.

I took a deep breath and slowly loosen my hand from his.

He turned to me instantaneously.

"Wendy-ssi, what's wrong? Are you afraid of heights?", his hand brushed against mine, looking worried.

Gahhhh!!!! I must bring myself to do this now.

I shook my head to reassure him that I'm alright. He heaved a sigh of relief but his eyes were still on me.

Gradually, I dug out the box from my bag which was lying right beside me and I gave it to him.

His eyes lit up once he took over the box.

"O! You even got a present for me?"

Oppa, stop doing this me already... You are making me feel bad... Really bad...

"Can I open it now?"

"Yes", I managed to say as I clenched my teeth and closed one eye.

3, 2, 1.

His face fell and he stared into my eyes right away, searching for answers.

"Oppa, mianhada...", I lowered down my head and sent my apologies. Those were the only words I could say now.

Jeongmal mianhae. I repeated it in my mind as my heart cringed for him.

He tilted his head slightly at my words and shook his head. He then grasp my hands.