This night I didn't go to the county town to lookfor Youyin Qin, nor did I look for a few childhoodfriends in the village. I stayed home and chattedwith my father and mother.

The next day, I and my father found twoneighbors in the village who were hardworkingand strong, and had a good relationship with myfamily. On the same day, we leased the twentyacres of sugarcane land to them. 

The two neighbors were overjoyed. They weredelighted because the annual rent for a wellcultivated and fertile piece of land like this wasonly eighty dollars per acre. In addition to that,there were new sugar cane seeds that were justplanted in March and my father didn't ask moremoney. After all, they had a good relationshipand they had helped our family a lot before.

 The jasmine fields in the far away area were alsorented out to other people. I left my father only afew acres of jasmine fields, a few acres of rice,and some dry fields with peanuts, corn, sweetpotatoes, and so o

In May, We could pick jasmine flowers. Thesunshine was very good these days so the priceof the flowers would be great. We would godown to the field to pick the flowers after we hadleased those fields. 

Jasmine could be picked for months in thesummer if we grew it well. That was how they gottanned. 

Due to the rush, we had to go to the countymarket to sell today's flowers. I was about to gohome at four o'clock in the afternoon when Isuddenly noticed a tall, slender woman standingon the road by the flower field.

 I looked up and moved my bamboo-leaf hat. Igot a good look at the woman against the stillblindingly hot sunshine.

 She wore a white chiffon shirt, long black skirt,white flats, carried an orange backpack and a bagof stuff. I saw a pretty woman was smiling at mein the sun light.

It was Wendy. 

I was subconsciously stunned.

 I couldn't help but be a little distracted again.

 At this moment she was smiling naturally and shewas very pretty.

 I'd never seen her smile like that before. 

"Hi." She waved at me.

 When I came to my senses, I noticed that quite afew people had gathered on the side of the road.All sorts of aunts and grandmothers and little kidswho had just gotten out of school were curiouslylooking Wendy up and down.

 My dad and mom were also standing in the fieldstaring at the celestial woman bathed in thesunlight. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked hastily.

She looked at my old man and mother andhesitated. 

"How do you know my address?"

I remembered that yesterday she had said thatshe owed my parents an apology. I was afraidthat she would say something like an apology inpublic, which would attract speculation. Beforeshe spoke, I hurriedly asked again. 

She raised her hand and spread her palm overher head to block some sunlight, and saidsomewhat apologetically, "The information yougave the company had your address on it. I askedthe company's HR department to transfer it outto me. I'm not disturbing you, right?" 

"Nope." I hopped onto the road nearly a meterhigh, took the bamboo-leaf hat off my head andhanded it to her, saying, "Put it on. Don't gettanned." 

She pursed her lips and nodded gently, receivingthe hat

It was a bamboo leaf hat padded with bambooleaves inside, with a raised top and a wide brim. Itwas dark yellow so it was a little bit rustic.

 Wendy, dressed in a fresh and beautiful outfit,looked a bit awkward in this hat.