19. Life Is Not a Joke

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I lied. Lied to Taehyung that I had gone to school. I couldn't tell him that my hyungs forced me to go to the hospital after they saw my bloody finger. So I skipped school and went to the hospital and on my way, I received a text message from my mother saying that she was visiting a friend who was admitted to a hospital and that was the same hospital I was headed towards. I couldn't let her see me so I went back to school, but sadly to my luck, the gates were shut and there were no security guards around to let me in.

I thought of heading back home, but then the butlers and maids will inform my parents and then I will be screwed to hell. So there was only one person's place that came in my mind. Taehyung. I headed to his house and I saw his mom standing outside and shouting at someone on the phone. When she cut the call, I went up to her and asked whether I could see Taehyung secretly. She gladly accepted it and immediately drove to her workplace, leaving me behind in the house. That's where I bumped into the twins.

Jimin told me before about two adorable people in Taehyung's family and he was right. I literally melted at the sight of their big, shiny eyes staring right into my heart and soul. When I introduced myself to them as their mom's friend, they immediately dragged me to play. And after sometime, I met Taehyung.

And now here we were, fighting because of the tiny glass piece. He was pissed and so was I. it's not like it is his hand and he can do whatever he wants.

"I said I don't care. If I don't want to go, I don't want to go. Like I care what happens to my finger or my life." I said and looked away.

"Wait, what did you say?"

I suddenly felt something cold run down my spine. I touched my back and it wasn't wet or anything. I looked at Taehyung and he looked...dead. His face was pale and it was expressionless.

"I said that I don't give two shits about my finger?"

"And your life," he said and there was something about the way he told those words. It was cold and icy.

"Tae, you okay?" I asked him and placed my hand on his shoulder. But he pushed it away and got up.

"So, you don't care what happens to your life do you? Nor do you care where the bloody glass piece goes? Right?" he looked at me and I suddenly shivered. It was still noon and yet I shivered. Was it the temperature or the way he spoke to me? It was icy cold and emotionless and his gaze at me was making me feel uncomfortable. The words he said right now felt like a slap on the face. Was he always like this? Maybe it was the first time I have seen him like this.

"Uhmm...Tae—"

"How would you know?" he chuckled and he sighed, "You wouldn't know how it is to have a glass run down your spine and get embedded right inside of you and it becomes a part of you. Life is not a joke and you can't simply say that you don't care. There are many who beg to have a proper life. Like..."

"Tae, what are—"

"I was just concerned about you Jungkook. At least be glad that it is a tiny piece and not a knife that has stabbed you," he chuckled. I saw his legs were shivering and his hands were trembling.

"Taehyung. What is wrong with you?" I asked him and I got up to hold him. He pushed me away, but instead of me falling, he fell down.

"My head," he groaned and I ran to him. I placed my palm on his head and gasped. He was literally burning like fire.

"Tae! Get up!" I yelled but he was clutching his head. He shut his eyes tight and started to pull at his hair. He began to kick his legs widely in the air and rolled on the floor. It looked like he was in pain. But I didn't even touch a strand of his hair.