Ms. Joke | Chpt 92

Start from the beginning

"Hope the internship is fun for you."

"Thanks sexy," she replied and I deadpanned, giving her a discouraging expression.

"Really?"

"Oh come on!"

"Whatever," I sighed. "I'll see you later."

"Bye KitKat," she said with a smirk, leaving me to my room. I still had a couple of minutes before I had to leave and see Joue for my first anger management session. I pulled out my phone, heading to look for my father's ad. It had been such a long time ago that I had taken (y/n) to my father's studio. The thought was embarrassing, how obviously into her I was. Neither of us even knew I was.

The ad came up, my photo first in the catalog. I skimmed to the women's section to see a photo of (y/n) inside, the outfit for sale now. I smiled slightly. I scrolled to the new arrivals page, where we would be also. At the front was an unofficial picture. The camera must have been on a timer, which might've been my fault, but it had captured a few photos of us talking. It was casual, which I suppose was the point of this clothing line. It made sense, but the photo had somehow captured the both of us smiling. Hers was bashful, probably because of what I might've said to her, about her being gorgeous. At least back then I was as blunt as I was now. There was no beating around the bush in how attracted to (y/n) I was. My smile was reluctant but genuine, spending time with the person that would soon become one of my favorites.

I knew I had to get the actual catalog from my father. Now, upon seeing this photo, I also knew I'd cut it out and put it in a frame for her desk. She had a few pictures of her with Deku from when they were kids and one of her and her mother. She had a relatively new one now, to my recollection, of her and Mina, Sero, Kirishima, and Kaminari. I was not willing to participate of course, like many of the other photos Mina had forced upon me. It would be nice to give (y/n) one of us. That could be one of her Christmas gifts, that is if we were giving each other Christmas gifts.

I texted my dad briefly about the fact I wanted a copy of the catalog and headed out towards Joue's office. It was all I had to do since I didn't have to go to my licensing class today. I headed into the office, seating myself in the main section. I had to wait for the woman at the front desk to tell me when I could go. I let my heel tap against the ground idly until she sent me back. I made my way until the end of the hall, Joue's door opening.

"Well just think about it! I can be very convincing you know!"

"Mmhmm. I know," Joue replied as Ms. Joke stepped from her office. Joue followed, looking tired and a little bewildered.

"You'd be doing me a huge favor, thanks," Joke said, turning to spot me. "Hey kid! Wanna hear a joke?"

"No."

"Wh—" she stopped, and I could see Joue stifle a laugh.

"Sorry Emi, you came in when I have an appointment," Joue said, shrugging and ushering me in. I was still technically a few minutes earlier, but it was obvious, even to me, that Joue didn't want to talk to Joke anymore.

"Alright. Consider!!" Ms. Joke said again, heading down the hall. What was she even doing here, talking to Joue of all people? Joue shut her door, letting out a big breath.

"So—"

"Consider what?" I interrupted, plopping down in a bean bag.

"Oh that's nothing," Joue replied, waving it off with a singular hand. She pulled out a notebook, flipping to a clean page.

"Why is Ms. Joke here? Do you even know her?"

"That I do," Joue replied, seating herself in a beanbag.