Color | Chpt 126

Hello there!!

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"You'll be using these to help you walk," the doctor stated. "You only have to wear the splints for 3 days."

"Okay."

"Normally, we'd put you in crutches, but I don't want you tearing the skin on your hands. So these will give more stability in your legs for a while. Your legs are actually looking very well, so I'm not too concerned. Just watch your hands alright?"

I just nodded, letting her assist me out of the bed. It felt wobbly, but nothing I couldn't handle. I had already practiced walking this morning. I stood for a moment, looking over at Ai who was sat. She had woken up yesterday and she was watching me with a sad smile. I had to stop every once in a while to realize her sister was dead. We really only had each other and I was happy the Bakugos were here too.

"Great job, looking great."

"I think I'm alright," I stated.

"Alright, I'll set you up with a few things and we'll get you out of here. I'm sure you're feeling a little homesick," the doctor replied.

"Sure."

That hurt.

Kacchan was back at school already, Aizawa sensei having collected him from his parents. He had stayed with them for the last couple of days and while I had heard they were wary of letting him return, he was back. Hero school was hard and Ai had not discussed with me about my return. My whole goal was to become a hero my mom would be proud of. I knew she was proud of me. She wouldn't see me now, but I knew she was proud. I didn't know if I should just let it go for now or continue.

The doctor had disappeared from the room and I looked to Ai, whose eyes were watering again. She was thinking exactly what I was thinking.

"I talked to Tsukauchi this morning while you were in therapy," she said.

"Yeah?" I asked, seating myself down again. She replaced me as she stood to pack some things up.

"He talked about entering a small safety program," Ai stated, setting a bag down. She glanced at me, a somber look on her face. "It would require us to move for a while. Make sure they can investigate Yoru completely so there's no other people working with him."

"Move?"

"It would be nice to be under protection, but I know this is really about you," she said. "We don't have to unless you want to. I just thought I'd mention it, alright? I'm fine with any decision you make."

"I know," I said, looking down to my hands. I felt my stomach drop, actually considering it for a moment. It seemed cowardly, to run away like that, but Ai was quirkless. Maybe it would be better for her.

I didn't want to do it.

"You want to continue school?"

"I don't know..." I murmured. Ai approached my side, placing a hand on my back.

"Yoru wanted to take you away from the things you wanted," she said bluntly and I felt my eyes water again. I couldn't seem to stop myself from welling up now. It was like a dam had been broken...finally. "He's gone now, so don't let him. Whatever you want, go for it. I have your back. I always have."

"Thanks--" I said, cutting off as I took in a breath. She rubbed my back, helping me up, and we headed out of the hospital. Despite it being just a few days, things were already unfolding.

My agenda consisted of my mother's funeral, visiting the crime scene again, attending the already finalized trial of my father, possibly seeing Chouka now that I knew what my father had done to her, and seeing Amaya again--with Reo this time. The Bakugo's and some of the heroes that knew my mother had set the funeral arrangements. A lawyer was going through her will as I existed now. The house was being cleared out and put into the Bakugo's per Ai's request, to be sold soon.