Not a Big Deal | Chpt 22

Hello there peoples

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I placed my bare feet on the rug edge that reached my bunk bed. This was the second night in a row that I was wide awake, unable to sleep. This time I couldn't get the ghost-like touch off me, causing me to shiver and sweat. I had had such a vivid nightmare that I couldn't stop picturing it. I was terrified to leave my room, in fear that what I dream would be true.

"(Y/n)?" I jumped, slipping from my sheets onto the ground. A pair of yellow irises peered down at me in the dark, Mina's head hung over the top bunk to glance down at me. "Woah, what's with you? Come on."

She hopped down and tugged me quickly to the bathroom where she set me to lean up against one of the sinks.

"What's wrong? Your face is all red, you look like your going to pass out," she said, flattening out my hair for me without disgust of the damp sweat underneath it.

"I had a crazy, vivid...nightmare," I said and she watched the goosebumps rise across my bare skin as I could feel it beneath my clothes.

"About?"

"I think...I think all the talk of me and Kacchan and the game earlier...I think it upset me," I said, looking away and down.

"What happened? Did he like attack you in the dream?" She asked, brushing my clothes straight before she ran a paper towel under the sink with cold water.

"You could say that," I said.

"Well?" She asked, squeezing it out and placing it on my face. I took it and held it myself.

"Well, I thought I woke up in the middle of the night and I snuck out for fresh air and he was in the hall and then he started asking me what I would've done if we actually had to kiss in the game earlier," I said. "And then he..."

I glanced up at Mina who was staring at me expectantly and I glanced away.

"I'd rather not say."

"Did he kiss you?" She asked and I didn't answer. "Oh dear All Might."

"Please don't take this the wrong way," I said. "It...I feel so sick. It's making me crazy I hate it."

"Alright, that's fine," she said. "It's fine. Good for you it was just a dream and he would not do that in real life because you two dislike each other."

"But you said yourself that—"

"Come on, you can't stand each other," she said, brushing away my hair. "That was just me thinking about things how they weren't. You know that dumb old trope where hate becomes love, but this is Bakugo."

"Right."

She stared at me, knowing I wasn't saying all I needed to say.

"Anything else you want to add?"

I thought back to Bakugo getting a detention for defending me against some guys talking inappropriately of me. And then him giving me his jacket after walking me home and even insisting that I keep it after I tried to return it, wrapping it around my shoulders for me. And what about when we hugged outside Mina's house, never to be mentioned again or when he carried me home from the subway after meeting my mom. There was so much I had kept to myself, some that Izuku knew some that Mina knew, but some that no one never heard.

It made me...crazy.

I wanted to tear away my hair think about all the things he's done, because I know I shouldn't see them as good gestures or of good will. He was so terrible to me as a kid and I had more reason to hate him than anyone and things like this should not happen. Things that make me want to forgive him some way should not happen and it makes me crazy.