Why Did That Have To Happen To Me? | Chpt 16

Hello ppl
I'm so sick rn I hate it. My birthday is this Wednesday too so like frick me

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"So, we were thinking about a theme for the dance," Momo said. Jiro was walking alongside her but typing away at her phone, probably with the electric blonde on the other end of the conversation.

"Oh that's fun," I said, smiling.

"Well it would be if we had a theme," she sighed. She was leading me around the room that would be used for the dance. It was a sort of gym like a typical school would have. We only really used the arena for training and there was a weight lifting gym for after school. I had never been in here and it didn't seem like many people had either. It was kind of...gross.

"So we need a theme huh?" I reiterated and glanced around the gym. I kicked aside a set of mats and dust billowed up, causing the both of us to cough. Jiro glanced up and grimaced. "Well, with some work it could...happen."

"I suppose."

"I like renovation and cleaning up stuff so this will be fun. What about...like red carpet?"

"You want to get red carpet?" Jiro asked.

"I mean...yeah. But theme too. Heroes have red carpets sometimes so we could make it like a little red carpet themed thing. People could get fancy invitations and there could be lights and rope and they could wear fancy red carpet attire. It could be really fun!"

"That's a good idea!"

"I have more! Glow in the dark, that's a classic," I said.

"I actually really like the red carpet idea," Jiro said. "People could be really into that."

"Now that's why we wanted you!!" Momo said, placing a hand on my shoulder. I smiled and glanced around.

"We could put the DJ here, if we have a DJ," I said, gesturing to the spot soon to be cleared of mats.

"Mic?" Jiro said. "I've been talking to him about music."

"Yes, perfect. That's even one chaperone down!" I said. "This is going to be so fun. I'll work on the invitations when I get home and send you some ideas."

"Cool, just text us," Momo said, gesturing to Jiro. They left and I glanced around the gym one last time before shutting the door.

Today had been kind of a weird day. It of course picked up towards the end, but we had been doing mediocre work in class all day today. We were separate from our partners so I hadn't talked to Kacchan all day which had been odd since yesterday. I couldn't exactly figure out what yesterday had been so I just regressed it and let it be. I opened up my locker and pulled out my bag to take home, wondering if I should stop by my mom today. I glanced out the nearest window to see the trees rustling.

It had been raining this morning so it was a bit colder than normal since it was still overcast. I pulled my umbrella from my locker as well, setting it against my backpack for a moment. It was bound to be cold so I shed my uniform coat and slipped the orange hoodie around my arms, not before glancing around to make sure there wasn't anyone I knew. After shoving my uniform jacket in my bag, I tugged on my backpack and grabbed my umbrella before heading out.

It was probably a dumb decision to wear the sweater in school or even bring it in general because it was quite clearly not mine, but I couldn't help myself this morning. I had only made it down to the fence when I felt a soft droplet of rain. It had been off and on all weekend and now as a precaution I flipped open my umbrella.