/30./

ACE

Fuck! I'm going to lose her.

Her bags were packed and I knew without a doubt she was going to her brother. I just hoped she'll give me a chance to explain.

Damn, Clarissa will get what's coming to her. She does know how to take no for a fucking answer and now she's fucking up what I have-well, had with my angel. I stare at Camille, waiting for her to make her next move.

I swear, I never been this in my twenty-six years of living. I care for her and I didn't want her to think whatever Clarissa was insinuating about working alongside Cartron was true. I wasn't and I have made sure to stay out of contact. But that did little to nothing given the results were an annoying and jealous crazed ex and evil father who wants nothing but power and he assumes by attempting to kill his children and raise his only current grandchild to be his successor to a business that is soon to be failing.

She said she'll let me explain but she suddenly changed her mind and I was trying to convince her to let me.

"I don't know if I can right now," She murmers. "My heart hurts and every second I'm standing here in front of you, I want to fuck you up then shoot you."

I stood there, watching her visibly shake. Her anger was less than her sadness but I knew for a fact if I said of made the wrong move, her shaky and hurt demeanor will disappear and my angel will turn into a fucking monster and my blood could be spladder all over this hotel room without a doubt.

I swallowed hard and risked a step forward.

"Ace," Her tone low and filled with warning.

Reminds me when she left my house in Colorado to meet her brother. She caught me off guard with her stunts but managed to get me down. And that was just fun for her. She wasn't furious and hurt like she was now.

"I just want you to hear me out and if you don't like what you hear, you can fuck me up and I'll stand here doing nothing while you do so. Hell, you can even kill me."

Her beautiful face softened for only seconds before returning back to her angry facial expression.

She stared at me for seconds. Seconds turned to a minute before she finally took a step back and sat on the bed. "Keep your distance. You got five minutes."

I sighed. That wasn't enough time and I was trying to keep her here for as long as possible.

"The day you busted in my office and confronted me when you found out that we were going to be married for two year, it was just another way to ensure Cartron will get his half of the money after our wedding."

Our wedding. What an image.

"When we reconnected after you left, I genuinely wanted to know you."

She scoffs, not believing me. "Three minutes." She lessened her time making me anxious.

I sighed, knowing she wasn't kidding and I had to speed things up. "The elevator situation was real but when I came to face Cartron, things changed. He informed me that he wanted to get rid of his children and I had a choice to make. Either go home and go back to my previous life or help him with his plan to get Cariana."

"And what? You chose to work with him to kidnap my niece!" She stood angrily.

I shook my head instantly. "No," I rushed out. "I didn't chose neither."

She stared at me for a moment before she burst into a laughing fit. And it wasn't filled with humor. Her laughter was dark. Something I've never heard before.