A broken soul

A week later

•Chloe POV•

I stared at the wall. Another tear slipped down my cheek.

An hour after kol had been staked, his body burned. All that was left was Ashe.

I was heart broken.

I was a broken soul.

I grasped the only thing I had of him. One of his shirts. It still smelt like him, so it felt like he was right there with me.

-

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was red. Messy hair, dirty clothes.

I went and got back into bed.

•Damon POV•
"Do you think she's ok?" I asked Stefan. We sat down on either side of Chloe's bedroom door. "What do you think? She lost someone she loved. A lot." He said. I sighed. "She hasn't been out of her rooms for day. She hasn't even fed." I mumbled. I heard her crying again. I frowned. "We need to get her on her feet, again." I said. Stefan looked at me. "Damon. She loved him. She needs time." He said. I nodded. "Alright." I threw a ball at the wall and it came back at me. I sighed.

•Chloe POV•

I heard my phone ring. I saw the name. Rebekah. "H-hey." I said. She heard the pain in my voice. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the grill or go for a walk?" She asked. She sounded like she had been crying for hours. "Sure." I replied. "Great. How about we meet in an hour?" She asked. "I'll see you then." I smiled.

She hung up. I put my phone down. I got up and walked into my bathroom. I turned on the shower.

"Kol, stop!" I giggled as he tickled me. "But your so cute when you laugh." He wrapped his arms around my waist. "I'm gonna shower." I turned around and came face to face with him. "You owe me shower sex." He winked. "Just because I lost the bet, we do-" he cut me off with a kiss.

The next thing I knew I was being picked up and brought into the shower.

I stood under the shower head and let the water run down my back. I let my feelings get the best of me and broke down. I slid down the wall of the shower. "God, I miss you, kol." I whispered. "The pain is so bad, I can't breath." I said to myself. I put my head into my hands and cried.

-

I saw Rebekah sitting on a bench. I smiled and walked up to her. "Hey." I said. She looked up. "Hey." She smiled. I sat down next to her. "I miss him." She laid her head on my shoulder. "I do to." I grasped her hand. "How have Klaus and Elijah been holding up?" I asked. "They are in New Orleans trying to find a way to bring him back, but I've been here, drowning my sorrows in tv and ice cream." She chuckled. I wrapped my arm around her. "It will get better." I said. "I hope so." She replied.

-

I walked around the dark streets of mystic falls. "I remember when you would try and make shapes out of the stars.... you made the stars into the shape of a pie once. You'd always make the funniest ones." I mumbled to myself as I continued to replay my memories of kol.

"I bet you would do amazing!" Kol assured me. "I suck at dancing." I put my hands on my hips and glared at him. "You danced at the ball years ago." He chuckled. "Yeah, years ago, kol." I smiled. "All you have to do is try." He grabbed my hands. He put one of his hands on my hip. The wind brushed against us as we danced in this empty field. "You see you ar-" we then fell on to the ground. "I told you, I can't dance!" I giggled. "You just need a little bit of practice, love." He smiled at me. I smiled back. I looked up at the blue sky. "I want this to last forever." I said. "Me to." He agreed. I looked at him again but he was already staring and just smiled at his adorable smile.

-

The pain was still aching at me. I couldn't stop crying.

I made it back to my house. My brothers were on the couch. "Hey, how are you?" Stefan asked me. I sat down. "I'm fine." I lied. I felt tears build up. I let one slip. "Your not ok..." Damon mumbled. "No, I'm not. I lost the love of my life, Damon! I remember how Broken you were! The pain is unbearable! It's so bad I can't breath!" I yelled. Tears poured down my cheeks. "I can't take it anymore. It's to much." I mumbled. "Don't do it, we can get through it will be alright." Damon said. "Yeah, it will take time, but you can make it. Your strong." Stefan said. "No, this pain, it's to much." I cried.

Damon pulled me into a hug. "We will be here for you. Just don't turn it off..." he mumbled. I looked at him. If I turned it off, I wouldn't have to bare with the pain. "You can't tell me what to do." I pulled away from the hug.

I closed my eyes and turned it off.

A/n:

Who will be the one to bring her back? 🤭