The Big Surprise

Just two more steps.  Just two more steps.  It was all Alice could think of as she helped Henry up the stairs of her building to the second floor, where her apartment was.  The building, having only four floors, did not have an elevator, a fact that did not cross her mind when she decided to take a man much taller than she was, and almost twice her weight.

After what seemed an eternity, she and Henry reached the door to Alice's apartment, and while she searched her purse for keys, Henry leaned against the wall.

"Nice apartment you have here."  Henry said with half-closed eyes.

Unlocking the door, Alice looked at him confused, "We are still outside,"  she said opening the door.

"Ah!"  Henry said, walking into the apartment with difficulty.

Alice hung her purse and coat on a wall rack in the hall and did the same with Henry's jacket that she helped him out of.

"Mr. Cavill, do you want some coffee? Would you rather go to sleep? What do you want to do?"  Alice believed that the option to sleep was the best, but she decided to ask, after all, he was still conscious, wasn't he?

"A coffee seems like a good idea."  Henry's eyes were barely open and Alice was watching him wondering what made him drink so much.

Yes, Londoners were drinkers, but Henry seemed to be such a focused person.  Was there another reason for drinking?

Already in the kitchen, Alice heard Henry's voice asking "Is it hot here or is it just me?"

As she turned towards him, she saw that the first buttons of the blue shirt he wore were already open, revealing his chest covered in dark and apparently soft hair.  Alice swallowed.  Why did I have the idea of ​​bringing this man home, God?

Focusing her attention on making coffee, she noticed when Henry approached and leaned back on the counter where her coffee maker was.

"I'm sorry for all this work, Alice. If you give me a charger, I can call Charlie soon, I'll go away and leave you alone."  Henry's voice, even if choked by the alcohol, still gave Alice goosebumps and she feared he would notice it.

"No problem, Mr. Cavill."  She said, offering him a cup of coffee.

As Alice looked up, she realized that Henry was staring at her.  Unable to look away, she felt her breath quicken and instinctively parted her lips.  She saw when, slowly, Henry started to lower his head towards hers and in a few seconds ...

"Argh! What the hell?"  The guttural cry from Henry's throat brought her back to reality and then she saw that she had spilled the hot coffee on his belly and parts of his right leg.

"Oh my God! My God! Come here" Pulling Henry by the hand, Alice led him to the bathroom, and ordered him to get into the bathtub.

"I don't want to shower. I want it to stop the burning!"  Henry seemed to be sober again, but the lack of balance was still present.

"Cold water will help. To stop the burning and drunkness."

Henry frowned and leaned against the wall.

"I'm not even that drunk."

Alice didn't answer, just turned on the shower and a jet of cold water hit Henry in the belly, where most of the hot coffee had spilled.

Facing his protests, Alice turned off the water and heard him say;  "Wonderful! And now how am I leaving? Naked?"

Alice couldn't resist and laughed, covering her mouth with her hand afterwards.