Being Scolded

"What did you do?" Charlie asked Henry as soon as he entered Leah's office at the production company.

Henry had been avoiding calls and messages from his brother for three days, already knowing what subject Charlie would like to talk about, and he would really like to stay focused on the premiere of the film they have worked so hard on in the past few months.

"Good morning to you too, brother," Henry replied sarcastically.

"Don't give me your sarcasm early, Henry. What happened between you and Alice?" Charlie was not to be trifled with.

Henry took a deep breath. He had not told his brother that after their conversation on Monday, he had gone to Alice's apartment and ended the short relationship he had with her.

"Why are you suddenly interested in that?" Henry asked raising an eyebrow?

"Because Alice said she was sick for the last two days, and now she just called saying she won't be able to go to Premiere. And something tells me that her illness's name is yours, my brother."

The two looked at each other and Henry got up from the chair in which he sat. It wasn't fair for Alice not to go to Premiere because of him. She had worked hard alongside Charlie to make sure everything was perfect for that day.

"I'm going to talk to her," Henry said to his brother. But before he reached the door to Leah's office, where he was, it opened suddenly and a woman with light hair and small stature appeared, followed by the receptionist from the production company.

"... you can't come in here." That's what Henry and Charlie could hear the receptionist say, distressed.

The intruder had a determined look as she tightly gripped the shoulder strap over her heavy gray suit.

"It's okay, Esther. You can go back to reception." Charlie said to the pale woman in front of him. After Esther left, Charlie turned to the girl standing in front of him and Henry and said:

"Hi, I'm Charlie Cavill and this is my brother, Henry. How can we help you?"

The little blonde looked from Charlie to Henry, swallowing hard, then she started to speak.

"My name is Leslie Campbell, and I am Alice's best friend."

Henry's blood froze in his veins and his heart began to beat in an erratic rhythm. Had something happened to Alice?

"Did something happen to her?" He asked, frowning.

"Yes," Leslie replied. "You happened."

Henry was taken aback by Leslie's response. He exchanged glances with Charlie and realized that his brother was just as confused as he was.

"I have known Alice for eighteen years, and I know how much she has suffered in this life, but I have never seen her cry for days at a time, with her head buried in a pillow, for anyone. And I will not let her continue to do so. Even if it's for Henry Perfect Cavill. "

The mention of the strange nickname made the brothers look at each other again, but Leslie continued.

"Alice's mother left her at my house one day, so we could play, and she never came back. That is, she was abandoned by her mother at the age of twelve. At eighteen, she believed she had found the love of her life, but on the eve of the wedding, the prince became a frog and ended the engagement, breaking my friend's heart. After that, Alice never got deeply involved with anyone again. Just a few affairs here and there. Until you, Mr. Cavill, showed up. " Leslie paused and stared at Henry.

He listened to her carefully. He knew about Alice's mother but that she almost got married once... That was new for him. 

"I'm sorry for Alice," he said

"I hope so," Leslie said. "And I didn't come here to make you feel guilty or something. But to tell you that, if that's what you do, you get involved with people and after a while, for no apparent reason, get rid of them, I wanted to tell you that you lost a great admirer. Because no matter how famous, handsome or good-smelling you are, if you hurt my friend, you also hurt me. "

Henry listened to Leslie's words in silence, because deep down he admired the fact that she was there defending her friend.

"And I know it matters little to you, who have thousands of fans, but I also wanted to ask you," Leslie continued to say. "At least give the woman who warmed your bed for a few nights, a reason for you to be getting rid of her. Because maybe, for you, she was just one more, but I guarantee you that for Alice, you were way more than that. "

"Alice was not just another one for me, Leslie," Henry said.

"It's not me you have to say that to," Leslie lifted her chin and looked at him. "Be the man I have always admired, Mr. Henry Cavill, and give my friend an explanation for this decision you made. At least once in her life, she needs to know why she is being left behind. Have a good day."

Just as quickly as she entered the room, Leslie left, leaving Henry thoughtful with everything she said.

Charlie, who kept silent so far, he made a loud whistle as he stepped away from Leah's table.

"Not even our mother would scold you like that," he said.

Henry shot him a cold look, and sat down in one of the chairs across from them.

"Maybe I deserve this scolding," he said, running his hands over his face.

Charlie sits in the chair opposite Henry's and says, "Maybe? I'm waiting for your blood to cool down to start my sermon!"

"What sermon?" Henry asked irritably. "It was because of your Monday sermon that I decided to break up with Alice!" Henry gets up from his chair and goes to the big window that overlooked a great avenue.

Charlie followed him and said, "But I never said to break up with her. I pointed out some facts, my brother. You should have assessed everything before you made any decision. Not acting on impulse."

"I didn't act on impulse. I actually did it because I used reason too much," Henry explained.

"So maybe it's time to let your emotions speak louder?" Suggested Charlie.

Massaging his neck, Henry turned towards his brother and asked, "And now, what do I do?"

Charlie shrugged. "Aren't you Superman? Take care of it!"

"Asshole" Henry mumbled. Deep down, he knew what to do.

Passing by his brother, he went behind the door to Leah's office and grabbed his jacket that was hanging there.

"Are you going where I'm thinking?" Asked Charlie.

"Yes, and this time I will let my heart guide me," Henry replied, leaving the room shortly thereafter.