Apologizing

Alice threw the blanket aside and got up from the couch she had been lying on since the early afternoon. It was already six o'clock in the afternoon, and she barely saw the time go by, reading one of her favorite books. In fact, that was what she had been doing in those days that she had stayed home.

After Henry left her apartment leaving her numb, she was unable to sleep well and spent the night awake trying to find justification for his behavior. She found none except that he wanted nothing serious with her and used Charlie as an excuse. How foolish she was to believe that someone like him, desired and with access to beautiful women, would restrain himself with her.

Heading toward the kitchen, she passed by her living room window and realized it was raining, feeling sorry for the pizza delivery man who should be on the way with the pizza she had ordered a few minutes ago.

In the kitchen, she put the kettle on the stove with some water and took a mug from the cupboard. She would make some tea as she wait for the pizza and warm her body up. Winter was going away, but temperatures were still low. When Alice opened the part of the cupboard where the teas were, Alice found the Earl Grey that she had bought for Henry, even though he used to drink more coffee than tea.

The memories of the two of them in that kitchen cooking together, or when she spilled hot coffee on him came to Alice's mind, and she couldn't contain her tears. Perhaps if she had followed her instincts and stayed away from Henry since that moment, she would not be suffering as she was now.

But a voice inside her told her how wrong she was. She didn't regret being involved with Henry. She regretted involving her heart in this.

Wiping her face, she picked up her mug of tea and returned to the living room. Before she could even sit on the couch again, the building's intercom rang, and she unlocked the door, certain it was the pizza delivery man.

"Stay here." She said to Venus, who was lying next to the book she was reading, lying on the sofa.

It didn't take long and the doorbell rang. Without feeling the need to look through the door peephole, Alice opened it and was shocked.

Henry, in a black leather jacket, his hair shining in the moisture from the fine rain, was standing right in front of her, holding the pizza she had ordered.

"I found the delivery guy downstairs and decided to bring it over here," he said in a low voice.

Alice still didn't know what was going on in her body. Her hands were cold, her stomach felt like it was on a roller coaster, and her heart was beating so hard that she feared Henry might hear.

"May l come in?" Henry's deep voice brought her back to reality, and she gave him room to enter. An awkward silence followed, and Alice wished she didn't have matted hair and dark circles under her eyes. Henry, on the other hand, was sexier and more beautiful than ever, giving off that intoxicating scent that only he had.

Shaking her head, Alice moved a little further away from him, preventing him from realizing how much it affected her. "What are you doing here?" she asked, taking the pizza out of his hands and taking it to the kitchen.

Henry followed her, paying attention on Alice's appearance.

"I came to talk to you, Alice."

"I don't wanna talk." She averted her face, opening one of the kitchen cabinet doors, reaching for a plate.

"You need to go to Premiere on Saturday." Henry said, seriously.

She looked at him. So that was why he was there, for the premiere. Alice didn't want to, but it hurt her even more.

"I will not be able to go to Premiere for personal reasons, Mr. Cavill." Alice said in a shaky voice.

Henry looked at her with a frown.

"Alice, I want you to go and enjoy the event. You were instrumental in making Charlie and Leah able to handle everything. It is only fair that you are there." He explained.

Alice did not answer. She took a slice of pizza and placed it on the plate above the sink.

"I understand that this is part of my job, Mr. Cavill. So, if I can stay home tomorrow, I promise I will be in a position to be at the Premiere on Saturday." Alice tried to keep her voice as steady as possible.

She felt Henry approach and take a deep breath.

"Alice," he took her by the arm, causing her body to heat up. "I'm sorry. I didn't break up with you for lack of feelings. But for too many of them."

She looked at him, confused. "What?"

"I didn't want you to be chased by the media like other girlfriends of mine were. That you were under the pressure of being with me, of not having your freedom. Being with someone like me can be a burden on anyone's life, and really I don't want that for you. "

Alice heard Henry's words sincerely. But she needed to know only one thing before she considered forgiving him.

"So you have real feelings for me?"

Henry smiled at Alice's question. In response, he passed his right hand around her neck and stroked the back of her neck, before bringing her closer to her face and taking her lips in a passionate kiss.

Alice didn't have the strength to resist Henry's kiss, and at the simple touch of him on her skin, she was already surrendering . When she tasted Henry's lips, Alice parted hers, inviting Henry for a deeper kiss. It didn't take long and their tongues were already touching and Alice was running her hands over Henry's strong chest.

Henry slid his hands down Alice's back and grabbed her by the hips, placing her on the kitchen counter. With a squeak of surprise and a mischievous smile, Alice proceeded to kiss Henry's neck, giving light nibbles, bringing out low, throaty moans.

The first piece of clothing to hit the floor was Henry's jacket. After that, his nimble fingers searched for the closure of Alice's bra under the shirt she wore and, in a few seconds, the piece was opened, giving space for Henry to caress her breasts, and to play with the nipples already stiffened by desire.

Alice let out a groan of pleasure and Henry smiled with satisfaction. She helped him out of the white shirt he wore, and felt her skin burn when Henry grabbed one of her breasts, sucking hard.

"Oh Henry ..." she said hoarsely.

"Yes, Alice?"

"I want you." She asked teasingly, next to his ear, nibbling on his earlobe shortly thereafter.

Henry laughed at her boldness and began to fulfill his beloved's request. Taking the rest of the clothes off her body, he touched her between the legs and had no doubt that Alice was ready. Unzipping his own pants, he braced himself and without warning, penetrated her in one go, causing Alice to moan loudly and hold on to him tightly.

"Henry!" Her voice was a mixture of pleasure and pain, which with the course of sex, became just pleasure.

To contain her own moans and not attract the attention of her neighbors, Alice hugged Henry and nibbled lightly on his shoulder.

Henry increased the pace of his advances and the more Alice said his name, the harder he penetrated her, not long before the two reached their climax.

There, in her kitchen, with her sweaty body wrapped around Henry's, Alice realized that her heart would belong to him forever. And that, despite not using words to demonstrate his feelings, Henry had them.

"Your pizza should be cold by now." He said giving soft kisses on Alice's face.

She smiled. "No problem. Something much more important is warm."

"What is it?" He asked, curiously.

"My heart."