The Following Monday

Alice tried to focus on work as much as she could. Luckily, the phone kept ringing and Leah requested her presence at all times. She thought about Henry all the time and, as if it wasn't enough to have seen him naked when he fell into her bathtub, she had spent the whole weekend remembering his kiss. Every time she remembered that, it was as if she felt the warmth of his lips, dominant and sensual, on hers and his hand on the back of her neck.

A shiver ran through Alice's back and she, from her office, noticed when Charlie arrived at the office. Alone.

A sigh of relief escaped Alice's lips. She was not prepared to face Henry. Perhaps, she would never be again. Until recently, she only knew him by name and now, she has seen things that longtime fans, like Leslie, have dreamed of for years.

The cell phone she used for company affairs rang, and Alice felt her blood run cold when she saw the name on the display.

"Alice, good afternoon. Can you come to my office please?" Charlie's voice was serious, which worried Alice, as he usually had a light tone in his speech.

"Sure. I'll be there in a minute." She replied without showing her nervousness.

Walking towards Charles's room with her head down, Alice could only think that she would be fired.

Henry had certainly told him where he spent Friday night, the kiss they shared, and Charlie had not liked to know that the new secretary was in a way, getting involved with his brother.

Although Henry was a grown man and older than Charlie, so he could do as he pleased. Ah, it was a very short path for all the thoughts she had in her head!

"Can I come in, Mr. Cavill?" Alice asked fearfully. And yes, she called both Charlie and Henry Mr. Cavill. After all, it was their last name, wasn't it?

"Yes, please. Have a seat." Charlie was frowning and looking really worried.

Alice had no more doubts that she would be fired. It was clear that what had happened on Saturday morning in his apartment came to Charlie's notice, and he did not approve.

Before she could even say anything, Alice heard him ask;

"Alice, what do you say about becoming my personal assistant?"

Alice held her breath. Wasn't she being fired, but promoted? In just a week? Are you drunk, sir?

"Your assistant?" She asked in a weak voice.

"Yes." Charlie reaffirmed. "As you know, Heather is pregnant with our fourth child and I would like to spend more time with her, especially when she returns to Canada. And with this big project that we are working on, I need someone, besides Leah, to help me. Keeping me informed of what's going on here, yadda, yadda. " Charlie then gave the first smile of the day and asked, "So, do you accept?"

Alice thought for a few seconds. By becoming a personal assistant to the director of Promethean, her salary would increase, and she would no longer need to maintain a garden table in her kitchen. But in addition to the salary, her responsibilities would also be greater, and she was terribly afraid of failing.

"Oh, Mr. Cavill, I don't know if I could do it ..." She started to say, being interrupted shortly afterwards.

"I wouldn't offer you this position if I didn't believe you were capable, Alice." Charlie stated to her, leaning back in his black leather chair.

Alice thought for a few more seconds and, almost on impulse, decided to accept it.

"Okay, we can try. I hope I don't disappoint you." Alice said smiling and Charlie answered back.

"Ah, I'm sure you won't. I heard compliments about you all weekend."

Alice held her breath again. Then Henry commented to his brother that he had spent Friday night at her house.

She felt her face burn, wondering if Henry had told him everything that had happened, or if he told only the help she gave him when he was without a cell phone and homeless.

"Ah, did you? From whom?" Alice asked trying to keep her voice steady.

"Leah. She and her husband spent the weekend with me, Heather and the kids in Jersey. She was the one who suggested you to become my assistant."

This information puzzled Alice. If Charlie was in Jersey, why did Henry say Kal was with him? And where did Henry go to on Saturday morning?

With so many questions on her mind, Alice thanked Charlie and left his office.

Trying to find answers, Alice did not notice when someone appeared in front of her and collided with that person, almost falling to the floor, if it weren't for strong arms holding her against a broad and muscular chest. Chest that she knew very well whom it belonged to.

Looking up, Alice found Henry's blue eyes staring at her and his lips curved in an amused smile.

"Good afternoon, Alice." The baritone's voice reverberated through Alice's body, making her shiver and short of breath. 'Control yourself, woman,' said Alice to herself.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Cavill." She answered dodging Henry's arms and adjusting her posture.

"Mr. Cavill? I thought we were past that stage." Henry teased her, raising an eyebrow.

It was difficult for Alice to formulate any reasoning in front of such a charming man.

"This is a working environment, Mr. Cavill. I like to stay professional." Alice managed to say at last.

Henry smiled broadly and the memory of that mouth in hers returned to Alice's mind, making  her cheeks flush.

Excusing herself, Alice started to walk towards her office, but soon realized that Henry is following her closely.

"Alice, I would actually like to ask you something."

As soon as they reached Alice's office, his scent seemed to dominate the room.

"Yes, Mr. Cavill?" She asked, emphasizing the formal name she called him, more to remind herself that he was one of her bosses.

"I would like to formally thank you for the help you gave me on Friday, taking you to dinner this weekend. Do you accept?" Henry's voice was calm and steady.

Alice's heart started to beat faster. A dinner with Henry? She couldn't accept it.

"Thank you, Mr. Cavill, but you don't have to."

"Henry. I already asked you to call me by my first name."

Alice sighed and looked in the direction of Charlie's office and the recent promotion.

"I don't want any complications here, Mr. Cavill." She explained, insisting on calling him by his last name.

Henry moved closer to Alice, took her hands in his and looked at her.

"There won't be any complications here. It's just a 'thank you' dinner. And for the last time, call me Henry."

Alice returned Henry's intense look. He seemed to have a magnet that would not allow her to look anywhere else. Taking a deep breath, Alice responded resignedly.

"Okay. I accept dinner."

Henry smiled triumphantly and winked at her, before walking away and heading towards his brother's office.

"Saturday at eight."

Alice took a deep breath and sat down in her chair. She just hoped she wouldn't regret her decision.