A Broken Heart

Henry entered the building of his production company determined to have a serious conversation with his brother. Having spent the weekend with Alice at his home made him see things more clearly, and he decided it was time to tell his little brother that he was involved with his personal assistant. He took advantage that Alice would be out of the office, resolving matters regarding the premiere of the new film that the producer was launching, and went over there to talk to Charlie.

"Can I come in?" He asked as he reached the door frame of Charlie's office, which was open.

"Hi, sure," replied Charlie, surprised to see his brother there. "Didn't you have an appointment this morning? A photo shoot or something?" He asked, putting aside the papers he was reading.

"It's a tad later," Henry said, taking a seat in front of Charlie's desk. "I need to talk to you about something important. Or rather, someone important."

Charlie raised his eyebrows in surprise and leaned back in his chair.

"Brother number four found someone?" Charlie asked playfully.

Henry smiled in response and started to say, "Before I tell you who it is, I want you to know that I really like this girl and your support is essential to me."

Understanding the seriousness of the matter for Henry, Charlie settled himself in his chair. "You know you always have my support," he said, taking a short break then. "Unless it's indecent or illegal." It ended, jokingly.

Henry laughed. "No, it isn't. I mean ..."

Charlie raised his eyebrows and looked at his brother suspiciously. "Who are you seeing, Henry?" He asked.

Henry paused and finally replied, "Alice."

Charlie looked at him in surprise and stood up. Running a hand through his hair, he turned to Henry and asked, "Have you lost your mind?"

Henry frowned. "No, why?"

"Alice works at your production company. She is your employee. Very competent, by the way."

"I know, but what does that have to do with the fact that I'm dating her?" Henry asked without understanding what his brother was saying.

"It's a question of ethics, brother. What will happen if this relationship doesn't work out? How's it going to be here?"

"I understand your concern, Charlie, but Alice is mature enough to maintain a friendly relationship with me, in case we break up." Henry stood up, irritated. "And why are we talking about breaking up? I came to tell you about beginnings. My beginning with Alice."

Charlie sighed, frustrated. "I know, brother. But have you noticed that whenever you are working on a new project, you get involved with someone? Then you decide to take a more serious step in this relationship, you end up introducing that person to our family, taking them to the Premiere of the project and, shortly after, something happens and you are done. " Charlie explained calmly.

"Just yesterday, Heather sent me the link to an American website asking 'who would be Henry Cavill's Premiere Girl this year'. Is that how you want Alice to be known for?"

Henry took a deep breath and looked at his brother. He hadn't realized that in the past few years he had gone to different Premieres with different girlfriends. And he certainly didn't want Alice to be just another one. Alice was unique. In her shy and awkward way, but on fire when they were together under the sheets, she was the combination of everything he looked for in a woman. And the fact that she didn't really know his career as an actor at first, made him more secure to be himself when he was with her, without having to think that he would have certain expectations to reach.