The Truth

Alice was quickening her pace to get to the café she had scheduled with Leslie on time. She and her friend, who previously had plenty of time to have lunch together almost every day, now had to go out of their way to catch up.

Being Charlie Cavill's personal assistant was hard work. Being Charlie's personal assistant and sleeping with his brother without him knowing it was even more difficult.

Alice lived in constant fear that Charlie would find out and send her away. And Henry didn't seem to care much about that. Several times, when he was in Promethean's office, he would come into her office and kiss her as if he completely forgot that the walls of that place were pure glass. Not to mention the phone calls and messages he sent to her when she was in a meeting with his brother and Leah, for example, and that made her blush.

But in spite of all this 'boyish tricks' by Henry, he proved to be a wonderful man. In the past three weeks they were together, he helped her set up one of the bookshelves she bought and repaired the dishwasher, that got broken. Despite his enviable physique, he did not deny good pizza and wine and showed Alice his favorite films.

Alice also did her homework and watched some of the films that Henry starred in. Now she knew why Leslie was so into in that man. See The Tudors - Season 1 - Episode 1.

And to think that she saw that beauty almost every night!

Alice dodged a car and crossed the street, finally reaching the café where Leslie was waiting for her. The light February rain in London had already tangled her hair, and she wouldn't be surprised if her mascara was running down her cheek.

"Sorry for the delay. Everything happened at that office today." Alice said as she took off her coat and hung it on the chair.

"No problem, Liz. I already ordered a salad for you." Leslie said taking a sip of her juice.

Alice smiled. Leslie knew her so well that she could even order her lunch. And it was because she knew her so well that Alice realized that Leslie was looking at her differently.

"What's it?" Alice asked.

"Nothing. I'm waiting for you to tell me the news." Leslie replied with a sly look.

Alice smiled sheepishly. Was it written on her forehead 'I'm sleeping with Henry Cavill' and she hadn't noticed?

"There's nothing new. How are things with you and Jean? When are you going to invite me to one of those wonderful fondues he makes?" Alice tried to talk it out, but Leslie was too smart to get carried away like that.

"One of these days ... Alice, you don't fool me. I have known you for almost eighteen years and I know very well that when you disappear like that, it is because there is a new bloke on the block." Leslie said bluntly. "Go on, tell me who you are with before I find out."

The salads Leslie had ordered for them arrived and Alice thanked the heavens, believing that this would make her friend put the matter aside, at least while they ate. Big mistake.

"Is that bearded redhead from the grocery store near your building? The one that looks like a lumberjack?" Leslie asked before taking a generous mouthful of her tropical salad.

"Leslie, I already told you, there is nobody. I just have a lot of work. The production company has a big project. That's why they hired me, remember? More work, more employees?" Alice tried to hide her discomfort. However, Leslie did not seem satisfied and continued with the interrogation.

"Oh, is that muscular guy from the bookstore across from Promethean? Liz, if it's him, I'm super supportive. He's beautiful. Almost a Dwayne Johnson." Leslie said excitedly.

"Who?" Alice asked, distracted. She could be watching more movies now, but that didn't mean she remembered the names of all the actors she saw.

"For the love of God, Alice. You need to be less disconnected! I still can't believe that until recently you hardly knew who Henry Cavill was, and now you work for him." Leslie spoke unassuming.

The mention of Henry's name made Alice choke on the salad she was eating, causing her to run out of breath quickly. Leslie got up from the chair and helped her friend, raising her arms and patting her on the back.

"Thanks." Alice said drinking some water, still breathing hard and coughing.

Leslie looked at her suspiciously. Alice tried not to face her friend because of that, she kept her head down.

"Alice, look at me." Leslie asked. "Are you dating Henry Cavill?"

"What? No! Of course not! That's preposterous, Leslie! He's one of my bosses. My direct boss's brother. To whom I'm a personal assistant and ..." Alice feels Leslie's hand touch hers over the top of the table.

"Liz, don't lie to me. Are you going out with him?"

Alice looked at her friend, who she considered to be a sister. She couldn't lie or hide it from her anymore. Taking a deep breath, Alice finally answered;

"Yes."

Leslie was silent for a few seconds and Alice was unable to explain what her reaction would be, until her friend shouted:

"ARE YOU SLEEPING WITH HENRY CAVILL?"

"Shhhh! Stop yelling! I already said yes." Alice asked, while looking around in embarrassment.

"No, wait. Not even in my wildest dreams, I imagined this would happen. Alice, tell me everything! How is he? Romantic? Aggressive? Throws you against the wall kinda man?" Leslie seemed to be in a frenzy of inappropriate questions.

"Leslie! I won't tell you anything!" Alice blushed just thinking about what else Leslie wanted to know.

Leslie looked at Alice again in a strange way.

"Liz, since when are you ... together? Oh, my God, my friend is having sex with Henry Perfect Cavill!"

Alice laughed. Leslie looked like the fifteen-year-old teenage girl she once was.

"About three weeks." She thought it best not to mention that Henry had slept naked in her house for the first time on the night of the club, so as not to stir up her friend's curiosities.

"And how do you feel about him? Is it just carnal or is there something else?" Leslie seemed to be getting back to normal.

Alice reflected a little. Obviously, physical attraction was a strong factor in what she and Henry had. The past three weeks have been the best, sexually speaking, for Alice. Did she care for him? For sure. Henry was much more than a sculptural body and a formidable lover. He was loving and attentive to her. He didn't seem to care that she knew almost nothing about his career and his moral and family values ​​were things she admired a lot.

"Honestly, I don't know. It's all very recent and, pff, he's Henry Cavill."

"So let me ask you something: how do you feel next to him?" Leslie asked, crossing her hands on the table.

Alice thought for a while and replied:

"Cheerful. Protected. Complete."

"And when does he leave? How do you feel?" Leslie's voice was calm and in no way resembled the screams of moments ago.

The smile that was on Alice's lips gradually faded.

"Cold. Sad. Empty."

"Oh, Alice!" Leslie said with a sigh, reaching for her friend's hands over the table again.

It was then that Alice realized what was happening to her and a mixture of fear and excitement took over her body.

"Aw, Leslie. Why did I let that happen?" Alice asked in a small voice.

"Because you are human, and it was time to open your heart and fall in love again."