6: Not an Angel, Just a Prison Guard

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

A blur flashes by then slows down.

"You guys are going too slow." Sasuke informs.

"I know." Miguel yells through gritted teeth.

I'm on the brink of crying from the pain when Miguel reaches over and yanks the bolt out. "Fuck!" I scream. The pain subsides just in time for another bolt to hit my lower back. I scream, coming to a complete stop.

"Teleport or the next one is coming for your head, Sara." Janine calls.

I'm lifted off my feet, suddenly looking at Sasuke's backside. Within moments we are outside, by a field I didn't notice when my dad dropped me off.

The bolt is yanked from my back and Sasuke places me on my feet. Miguel tosses the bolt in the trash, wiping his hands on his pants with an annoyed expression on his face.

"Thank you, Sasuke." I say embarrassed.

He beams back at me, running his hand through his beautiful long hair.

"No problem." He chuckles.

Miguel coughs loudly.

"You, too. I guess." I say, rubbing my back where the bolt had been, reflexively. My hand comes away bloody, I rub it on my pants.

"Welcome." He says, crossing his arms around his large chest. His pecs bulge in the thin purple material.

"Pair up. We're sparing today." Janine announces, taking a seat on a nearby bench. There she goes with that 'we' again.

Kali grabs my hand and drags me out on the field. "I'll go easy on you." She claims over her shoulder. She lets go of my hand when we're at the center of the field and steps back. She places her hands together and bows. I follow her lead confused. Then she proceeds to punch me square in my face.

"Shit, that's easy?" I complain before she knees me in the gut. I fall to the ground, struggling to breath.

"I'm not using all my strength. So yes." She confirms, standing back, apparently giving me a moment to get to my feet.

I stand and spread my feet a little, balling my hands into fists and putting them up in front of my face, like they do in movies.

"Ready?" she asks.

"No" I say. She proceeds to pummel me for the next however long. She really seems to enjoy it. It is almost like she is dancing. Lost in the violent movements of her body. I'm reminded of Mia again. A pleasant but unwelcome memory.

--------------------------------------

"How's the grounding going?" Mia asked.

After Arizona, mom checked herself into a mental rehabilitation center in northern Idaho and dad became even more busy at the hardware store.

"Oh, well my dad's never around. Hard to enforce grounding when you aren't there." I answered, sounding more pitiful than I meant to.

She pursed her lips, nodding. "So, I can come over?" She inferred, looking at me with a mischievous smile.

I blinked in surprise. "Yeah." I answered too emphatically.

"Awesome. I am going to school you at Dance Prance Revolve." She asserted.

I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the class, thoughts of Mrs. Lamb, my dad, and all my troubles pushed to the back of my mind with the anticipation of spending the afternoon with Mia.

"Should I follow you?" Mia asked as we walked out of the school side by side. My arm brushed hers and a jolt of excitement coursed through me.