chapter 33

Chapter 33 “Revealed”

Akira was helpless against her captors as they dragged her through the Academy. While the Shocker Whips no longer were attached to her wrists, she found that even once they were removed, she had no energy to fight. Two Night Riders were enough to escort her with ease. One held her hands firmly behind her back, not even bothering to bind them, while the other followed behind and Steeson casually led the way.

Thoughts raced throughout Akira’s mind as she mentally scolded herself, wondering at how she could have been so stupid. Though she wondered what Steeson was going to do now, she didn’t give it much thought, her mind too full with ideas of how to get out of this mess.

Before she knew it they passed through a door and entered a large room, one larger than any Akira remembered the Academy having. But when she looked closely she was sure that some walls had been knocked down to make this room as large as it was and her gut told her that part of this room had once been the mess hall in her time.

“Deception, look whose come to visit us,” Steeson sung happily.

Seeing something shift in the corner Akira’s eyes darted that way only to be met by a pair of yellow ones. She knew that behind those eyes lay a black dragon, yet she was hidden in the shadows of the corner where she quietly lay. As Akira held her gaze she felt a shiver run through her. While Deception’s presence did little to scare her, the intelligence in the dragon’s eyes made Akira more than uncomfortable.

“We meet again,” another voice spoke as the Night Rider behind her jerked Akira to a stop in the middle of the room.

Akira’s eyes shifted to the source of the voice only to see Nemis standing to one side, near an old white haired man who seemed to be fiddling with some object on a table.

Nemis stared at Akira, hatred in his eyes. “Now that she’s here, how about we get to the part of killing her?” he asked without moving his eyes from Akira.

“Nemis,” Steeson scolded. “Hush, you have no part in this. Either you watch in silence or if you can’t restrain yourself you leave the room.”

Nemis scowled but did not make another sound making Akira wonder since when he had taken being scolded like a child without retorting.

“Now,” Steeson turned to face Akira. “Calmed down yet?” he asked innocently.

“I’m going to tear you apart,” Akira growled angrily. Remembering the white light from the Red Dragon she tried to make it appear, to form it. It would be just what she needed to get out of here. Yet even with all the anger flowing through her nothing happened.

“Having trouble?” Steeson asked innocently as he seemed to pick up what Akira was trying to do. “Haven’t quite mastered that new ability of yours yet, have you?”

Akira glared at him. Fire! The thought rushed through her mind. Yet it was no use, not matter how hard she tried, nothing happened, she just did not have the strength.

“Awe, would you  look at us,” Steeson suddenly smiled as he gestured with his hand from Akira to himself. “We actually aren’t tearing each other apart! Just like I said, remember? We’re having our face to face chat and you aren’t threatening me with any weapon,” he smiled as though it was the achievement of a lifetime. “I’m proud of you Akira.”

Akira stared at him, wondering if there was a use in pointing out that if she had the energy or if a Night Rider wasn’t holding her hands behind her back, that she wouldn’t hesitate to kill Steeson.

“You know, it took you long enough to get here. You kept Deception and I waiting for quite a while,” Steeson scolded.

Akira narrowed her eyes, at the same time she felt her energy slowly returning to her.