Chapter 11

Class 1A and class 1B stood around the outdoor tables exhausted as they lazily prepared the ingredients for the meat and potato stew for dinner. However because you were now on a strict high-zinc diet, you had to make your own separate meal- steak, mushrooms and asparagus.

You yawned as you lazily washed the mushrooms underneath the outdoor tap.

"Hey y/n!" Mina startled you, almost causing you to drop the mushrooms on the ground.

"What?" You sighed as you turned around and dumped the washed mushrooms onto a chopping board.

"Someone's staring at you~" She sung as she gave you a nudge with her elbow whilst her hands were busy peeling potatoes.

You spaced out for a second, too tired to register. "Who?"

"Seriously y/n? Have you learned nothing by now? Who else would it be but Kirishima?" Mina deadpanned as she let the potato peels drop by her feet. She was meant to be catching the peels in a bowl at one of the tables but clearly she was more interested in your love life to care.

Instinctively you turned around to scan the area to see what she was talking about. Your eyes landed on Kirishima's and sure enough he was staring. It was only an instant that you locked eyes with him before he shyly looked away, a red tinge adorning his cheeks.

"See?" Mina smugly commented. By this point she had completely ceased peeling the potato, as usual not exactly pulling her weight with the rest of the class.

You merely rolled your eyes at her. You found it was your most common reaction to anything that came out of her mouth. Especially tonight as you were simply just trying to make your dinner after a long day of training, paying no mind to anything else. To put it simply, you were too tired for this shit.

"You should go talk to him." Mina says out of nowhere, obviously trying to feed the appetite she had for some drama and gossip.

"Mina, can I just make my dinner in peace-"

"So y/n, are you excited about your birthday tomorrow?" Mina interrupted the beginning of your tired defence, speaking MUCH louder than necessary.

You realised her plan immediately.

If you weren't going to talk to Kirishima, she was going to make him come to you.

Sure enough, it worked.

Whilst you were now distracted scolding Mina for her loud mouth, Kirishima's ears perked up instantly upon eavesdropping on Mina's words. Without thinking twice, he immediately made his way over to you, abandoning his vegetable chopping duties.

"Did I hear Mina right? It's your birthday tomorrow?!" Kirishima exclaimed.

You gave Mina mad side eye before replying to Kirishima.

"Yeah..." You sighed. From the corner of your eye you could see Mina slowly inching away from the two of you now that her plan was set in motion. It wasn't long before she completely left you alone to talk with Kirishima.

"Aw man I wish I knew earlier! I could've prepared something for you!" He rubbed the back of his head as he mentally slapped himself for not being able to get you anything. This was his chance to get closer to you and yet it was utterly wasted.

"Oh no! Don't worry about it! You don't have to do anything." You reassured as you turned to once again chop the mushrooms that you had forgotten about.

"Hmm" Kirishima hummed in concern as he watched you return to cooking. He was racking his brain for ideas on what he could do for your birthday.

After about a minute or so of pondering, he suddenly came up with an idea. Reaching forward he took the knife out of your hands and gently pushed you aside as he began to chop your mushrooms for you.