Chapter 2

Bakugou huffed as he swept the shards of mirror into the dustpan.

You yawned as you twisted the screwdriver, attaching a metal pole to another, rebuilding the barbell rack.

It was late in the afternoon and the two of you were still cleaning up after yourselves, alone in the gym. You began to feel sorry for the janitors of UA, you only hoped they had a quirk that was useful for cleaning.

It was dead silent between the two of you, the only sounds being the sweeping and clinking of glass shards and the thuds of dumbells being moved.

Bakugou tried to contain his anger. He wanted to fight you again. You still had unfinished business. The fact that you stayed silent, refusing to speak a word to him was killing him on the inside. It was as if you thought you were too good for him now. He knew the silence was a sign that things were back to the way they were before, where the two of you rarely spoke, but he didn't want it that way. He began to wonder if you had always thought you were too good for him, hence why you never spoke to him. The thought only pissed him off more.

In other words, he wanted nothing more than to assert his power over you.

"Oi." He tried to get your attention.

You only glanced at him for a mere second before returning to your work, refusing to speak. You knew what he was up to, but you weren't going to give him the satisfaction of having it.

"Oi!"

You ignored him again.

"OI SHITFACE DON'T IGNORE ME"

"I liked the name 'sweetcheeks' better." You simply replied as a matter-of-factly. Bakugou shot up from his position, marched over towards you and grabbed your collar, lifting you up to meet him eye-to-eye in a threatening manner.

"Fight me." He growled, his eyes glaring daggers into your own. You could practically feel the steam coming out of his ears.

"I'm not wasting my time on weaklings." You smugly replied. Whilst his fist was full of your shirt, he smashed your back into the ground, holding up a fist in a threat to submit. More accurately he was urging you to fight back. "If you think this is what's going to make me fight you then you're wrong. You can hit me as much as you want, but I'm not going to fight back."

Hearing that instantly reminded him of his fight with Todoroki at the sports festival. He refused to fight someone who won't use their full potential. This was your intention.

Bakugou growled as he roughly let go of your shirt, dropping you to the ground whilst walking away in a grump.

"Tch."

He returned back to cleaning his area, squatting down to continue sweeping up the mirror shards. The silence between you two ensued once more.

However after a little while of silence, you spoke.

"Honestly if you weren't such a jerk we wouldn't be stuck here cleaning." You muttered aloud. You still held a little resentment towards Bakugou for calling you weak on multiple occasions. Today you had just had enough of it and now you had to spend extra time out of your day cleaning your mess up.

Tick.

Tick.

BOOM!

"THE FUCK DID YOU SAY?" Bakugou yelled as a large explosion emitted out of his palms, causing only more of the mirror to collapse.

"Have fun cleaning all that up, I'm finished." You simply remarked as you stood up, ignoring his question all together, slinging your school bag over your shoulder. Bakugou could only watch in anger as you walked past him, stepping over the new mess he had just made whilst yawning in the process.