Chapter 20

Meanwhile in the academy, Oscar and Tang Yin has the misfortune of having a throwing tantrum Ning Rongrong. "How can that lowly spirit sage Flander said that to me, a heiress of a famous clan. And you two, I'm hungry, bring me some food. I want a warm bath also. This is your payment" Ning Rongrong, who have been complaining since afternoon, ordered them. "That girl really have to know her place. Just like dean said, she got nothing without someone who will protect her" Oscar grumbled. "Well, I guess her personality come from being spoiled. Let's just do what she says, before she throws a tantrum again. Besides, she must not know how to cook or prepare a bath judging from her tone" Tang Yin reasoned.

They decided to prepare her bath, than cooked after it. Oscar get the job of getting the water, and Tang Yin heats it. After the bath is done, they left Ning Rongrong alone, and go to the kitchen. Tang Yin check what ingredients that they have, and founds eggs, starch, grain flour, a little bit of white flour, half bottle of oil, some chicken, pork and lots of fruits and vegetables. "We live near the forest, so fruits and vegetables is easier to get here, while meat is scarce and expensive, or maybe it's just because dean is too stingy, I don't know" Oscar informed. They decided to make stir fry chicken and pork, with eggs dumpling, and vegetables soup. Tang Yin then make fruit pie using his leftover pie dough and berry jam he made himself.

Oscar and Tang Yin cook, while talking about their life. "Not much I can say. I was abandoned by my mother because of my food spirit, and have to live in the street for some time. I have to fight for food and drinks, live in broken houses, and sometimes get a job for myself" Oscar said with far away look. "Well, when I was little, Tang San has to guide me everywhere, and I started learning sensing technique at three years old. After I can sense someone, I was so excited. I started to help father and San Ge cooking and doing chores. I remember I need to be creative in cooking, because how poor we were. But things started turn for the better, when my mother come back to us". They spent their days like this, waiting for the others to come back.

In the spirit arena, it's time for the Shrek students matches. The first one to come is Xiao Wu against a spirit master, who named Iron Bull Horns. When Xiao Wu come to the arena, many people thought the she going to lose. Her childish appearance and spirit make the enemy underestimate her. But Xiao Wu win, by using jujitsu and her signature waist bow. After that, it was Tang San and Zhu Zhuqing turn.

"Tang San, can you be a little gentle with her?" Dai Mubai ask. "Yes, of course, boss Dai".  Unbeknownst to them, Zhu Zhuqing heard all of it. The matches started, and Zhu Zhuqing waste no time attacking Tang San with her claws. But unfortunately, Tang San managed to counter attack all her moves, and trapped her, making him the winner.

"I heard what you said with Tang San. Do you think I was so weak that I need protection? I don't need any, and certainly not from you!" Zhu Zhuqing snap. "Well, I just worried about you, okay" Dai Mubai retort back. The two of the ended up fighting, with no one want to speak with the other at the end.

After Tang San and Zhu Zhuqing match, Xiao Wu and Tang San was called to fight Tie Han and Tie Hu, a twin brother who has a hammer spirit. Meanwhile, Lin Han fight against someone named Black Shadow. Like his name, black shadow is someone who has a shadow spirit. It was a spirit with smoke like shape, and can hide the user within shadow. Lin Han had a hard time fighting him, and they ended up in stalemate for quite some time. Black Shadow maybe can hide himself well, but Lin Han has a good instinct and nimble body, so he always evade Black Shadow attack. The match ended in Lin Han winning, with how he caught Black Shadow off guar with his poisonous breath. But it was a lucky shot, and they both knew it. So Lin Han cupped his hand to Black Shadow, showing his respect.

After finishing the matches, they go back to the inn. "That match is sure an eye opening one. I never knows that a place like that exist" Lin Han make a comment. "Where is dean Flander, is he already gone back?" Xiao Wu wondered. "No, he probably just in some shop somewhere, counting his gambling money. Xiao Han, are you and your siblings going to go back or you want to stroll around first" Dai Mubai inquired. "No, we will go back to the academy, Xiao Yin is still there" Tang San said. "And he probably already cook some tasty dessert for us" Xiao Wu chimed in, daydreaming. After a round of debate, They all decided to go back to the academy.