Straight to Voicemail - TodoDeku

Todoroki's POV

Beep!

The number you called is currently not available. Please leave your message at the tone.

"Midoriya, it's really unfortunate that my call went to voicemail. I wanted to hear your voice once more, but oh well. At least now, you can save this message somewhere. Knowing you, you'll want to keep this.

"Ever since our sports festival back in high school, I've liked you a lot. At first, my interest in you was small. As time passed, though, I grew more and more fond of your presence. Midoriya, I can now say with one hundred percent certainty that I love you.

"I know my love for you is one sided since you've only ever shown interest in women. It hurt a little to know my feelings could never be mutual, yet at the same time, I was content with how things were now. Having you as a friend is more than I could've hoped as it is.

"I was genuinely happy when you and Uraraka got together. I was happy when you two got married as well. Yes, it sucked to see a person I love be with someone else, but I had already made amends with this being the way it had to be. I've felt nothing but happiness for you two. Silently feeling pleasent around you is enough for me anyways.

"I know it's odd but I never attempted to move on from you. I liked loving you and I still do. I don't want this feeling to disappear. Sadly, it looks like I won't be feeling anything anymore.

"I suppose this is my long way of thanking you for being my friend. I know this will be on the news later, since I'm one of the top heroes, and well, I've been killed on the job. It's amazing I'm even able to make this voicemail at all. I guess the last of my adrenaline is giving me the strength to finish this. Anyways, I should send this before my energy runs out. Goodbye, Midoriya."

Midoriya's POV

I was spending my day off at the bar with some of my former classmates. Most of them hadn't changed at all, with the exception of Kacchan who had calmed down a lot since UA.

I stepped outside the bar. The cold winter air made my breath appear clear as day. I took my phone from my pocket. I had turned it off before entering the bar so I wouldn't be disturbed while catching up with friends.

When I turned it on again, I saw a missed call from my good friend Todoroki. Without a second thought, I pressed play.

And burst into tears.