Letters - Part Two

Iida's POV

I was the first to arrive at school on a Monday morning, as usual. Unfortunately I was greeted by a note sitting on my desk.

I sighed, looking at the board at the front of the class. We had narrowed down the suspects to seven people. Yaoyorozu, Tokoyami, Tsuyu, Bakugo, Uraraka, Todoroki and Kirishima were the only names that weren't crossed out.

As class rep, I should notice when one of my classmates is feeling such despair. I know it's not my fault that they feel that way, but I can't help feeling guilty for not noticing. And now, even when I know one of my friends has depression, I still don't know who it is.

Yaoyorozu was the second person to arrive. She looked disappointed, but not surprised to see me with an envelope in my hand. Defeated, is the perfect word to describe the expression on her face..

She sat at the desk beside mine even though it wasn't hers. I would've told her that she shouldn't sit in someone else's seat, but now wasn't the time for that. I didn't want her to feel worse.

"Hey, Iida," Yaoyorozu quietly said from beside me.

"Yes?" I responded.

"Can I have a hug?"

The question surprised me, but I wasn't going to deny her a simple hug if it made her feel better. I embraced my friend. She clenched my shirt tightly. I could feel her trying to steady her breath, likely on the verge of tears. I hated seeing my friend like this as much as I hated knowing another wanted to kill them self.

I looked at the unopened envelope laying on my desk. At the very least, I hoped there would be enough clues to tell who it was, or they'd say that they've decided to get proper help. This whole situation was horrible.

Yaoyorozu backed away from me. She quietly thanked me before heading to her assigned seat. More people started to arrive shortly after. Most of them looked around the room like they were searching for the next person to receive a note.

Aizawa looked more tired than usual when he entered the classroom. He wasted no time saying, "If you received a letter, read it now."

I stood up with the note in my hand, "Before I open it, we can cross Yaoyorozu off the board. She and I had a conversation before class and I find it unlikely that she's the one writing these notes," I waited for Aizawa to cross her name off before reluctantly opening the envelope in my hand.

My eyes widened when I saw the state of the letter in my hand. There was dry blood splattered in various parts of the letter. There were entire sentences that were illegible due to the red liquid stained over it. I tried my best to make it out but it was hard.

I cleared my throat before speaking, "It-it's hard to make out but I'll read it to the best of my ability."

People looked confused before they saw the letter for themselves. Everyone looked as disturbed as I felt. Aizawa aggressively snatched it from my hand. He squinted at the words written on the paper before attempting to read it, "I would like to apologize for the state of this letter. I cut myself a few times before writing this. One of the cuts is deeper than I meant for it to be. Don't bother looking for cuts on me. I did it in a place that you won't be able to see. Anyways, the amusement park was a nice idea. It didn't make me feel better, but I hope it brought up the moods of others. The only reason I haven't killed myself yet is because I don't know how I want to go out. Overdosing would be the most painless, but it takes a while and there is a chance I'll survive. Slitting my wrists would be more painful, but there's a big chance I'll die that way. My last option is to jump from the roof of UA. I would surely die that way and it would be quite painless, but then again, maybe I want it to be painful."