Colors - Midoriya

At three years old, everything was yellow; It was bright, exciting, curious. We had a certain innocence caused by our ignorance of the world around us that everyone yearned for. Admiring heroes and believing anyone could be amazing, I had no clue how harsh the world I was brought into truly was.

At four years old, the world suddenly became gray; washed out, dull, dreams crushed beneath the feet of those I considered friends. I wasn't special. I wasn't strong. I was nothing but a burden in the eyes of a broken society.

The world stayed that way, all the way until my last year of middle school. Those I once thought of as my best friends became my worst fear. Him, especially, became a nightmare. He was a bright, burning red. Intense, ruthless, with a faint trace of a delicate pink that was hidden away deep inside his soul.

My mother had turned a faint green hue. She was the shell of what was once wonderful, bright, and admired by many. Now, being taken over by guilt and regret, she became a faded version if her former self.

The year before I was to apply to high school, I was given advice that made me see things in white. There were multiple different outcomes if I follow his advice. Not all were good, but not all were bad either. It was the color of possibility. Some bad possibilities were better than no possibilities, I decided.

On the top of the roof, a clean slate before me, I saw one last color before none at all.

Gold.