Photo - Kachako

Bakugo's POV

My girlfriend, Uraraka, and I were on our way back from a date at a cat café near UA. I wasn't the type of person who enjoyed going out on public dates. I simply didn't see a point in them, but Uraraka enjoyed them so every now and then I'd take her out.

"That was great, Bakugo! That one Calico cat that kept trying to drink your coffee was adorable. I'm glad I got a picture before you scared it off," my girlfriend happily said from beside me.

Uraraka was a generally happy and social girl with a bubbly personality. In other words, the complete opposite of me. Usually, someone as sickeningly positive as her would piss me off to no end. Especially if they were close friends with stupid fucking Deku, which she was.

Despite all that, something about her just caught my attention at the sports festival. She was motivated, clearly worked hard for her goal, and she was damn determined to reach that goal. There was a certain fire in her eyes, one that told me she wouldn't give up until she reached her goals. That fire, that determination, was the reason I fell in love with this girl.

"Bakugo? Bakugo, are you with me?" Uraraka's cheery voice questioned.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm with you. I was just spacing out. Why, did you say something?"

Uraraka giggled, "Yeah, I asked you if you had fun."

I thought for a moment. The cats were cute, except for the stupid calico. Seeing Uraraka smile as widely as she did was nice as well, though I'd never admit that. So, I suppose I did have fun.

"I guess I did. That doesn't mean I want to go out more often, though, so don't even think about it!" I answered.

Uraraka beamed, "Good, I'm glad. I would hate to be the only one enjoying our dates."

I unconsciously smiled at her excitement. If taking the brunette on a date meant seeing her this happy, maybe I should do it more often.

A light flashed in my face, followed by the snap of a camera. My girlfriend had taken a picture of me smiling, I realized.

"I'm totally showing this to all our classmates." She laughed.

"Hello no, you're not." I tried grabbing the phone but she managed to dodge me.

Uraraka smirked. She opened her mouth, as if she were about to tease me about my failed attempt to delete the photo, but she got cut off by a bag being put over her head.

The brunette yelped in surprise, dropping her phone. The screen somehow managed to not get a crack in it.

The person who held a bag over Uraraka's head was wearing a long cloak, completely hiding their appearance. Not that it mattered. Whoever the bastard was wouldn't be recognizable after I was done beating the crap outta them for hurting my girlfriend.

I came at the cloaked figure with an explosion in my left hand. The mystery person blocked my attack using Uraraka's body. She grunted in pain before going limp. My explosion plus the lack of air must've made her pass out.

I hated that I accidentally hurt her, but I didn't have time to wallow in self hatred. What I needed to worry about was the enemy in front of me, threatening my love's safety.

Before I had another chance to attack, they vanished. Frantically, I looked around.  There was no witnesses, no evidence that anyone had been here, no sign that my girlfriend was just kidnapped by an unknown person at all. The only thing indicating that anyone had been here at all was the phone sitting on the sidewalk.

I stared at the lit screen. It was of the picture Uraraka had taken seconds before she was abducted. I was smiling softly in the photo. I was so ignorant to the events that were about to take place.

If I had known then, I wouldn't be smiling. I'd be protecting my darling with my life, making sure nobody could touch her. Now, I felt like I was gonna cry.

Uraraka was gone, and it was my fault for hurting her more than I helped her.