𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

With the amount of exhaustion I was feeling and the excruciating pain that travelled all along my body, it didn't come as a surprise that I was late to wake up the following day. The nonstop crying, tossing and turning was another interruption to my slumber as well as the sickening thoughts that were going through my head.

Being back here at Cadeirics castle seemed to have brought relief to many even if I felt anything but that. I was upset as I was troubled, simply because I would finally be confessing whatever I had kept secret all these months. Luke's response worried me the most but at the same time, I found out that King Andrew had also arrived back late last night, bringing more distress upon me.

I did, however, avoid any contact with Luke, his brothers and anyone else for that matter, shortly after I had spoken to Liz.

She hadn't much to say, only sharing her sympathy and asking if I was alright despite the state I looked to be in. I gathered she wanted me to answer the same question Luke had asked, but seeing that I was in no mood, she let it pass.

I wondered if there had been any talks about my return between the King, Queen and Luke and what did they make of the situation if they had. If Luke somehow managed to get his father to change his mind then that could possibly let this alliance go ahead as planned. On the other hand, that wouldn't matter once they all learned off my news and decision...

I then slowly dragged myself out of bed, and headed into the bathroom to have a bath and get ready for the day ahead. A good half hour later, whilst choosing out a dress to wear, one of the maids came up with a tray of breakfast in her hands and instead of asking her to help me with my dress, I politely sent her to go tell Luke to meet me on the forbidden floor of the castle in ten minutes time.

I finished up and walked out my room, deciding to go upstairs now and wait for him. I tried to work out what I was going to say without letting everything tumble out of my mouth as I knew it would. I gained various looks from the guards as I passed them, which didn't help ease the sinking feeling that had already formed in the pit of my stomach but I ignored it all the sane and started up the stairs.

The floor was deserted as usual so I made my way over to where a doorway that lead out to a small balcony was and I took a seat on one of the steps before it. I turned my head to look out the door and towards the sky whilst continuously fiddling with my sweaty fingers...

How was I to tell him what was going to happen without him getting furious at me? I really was beginning to doubt that he would believe me and he'd only need to talk me out of it to get me thinking straight again. I would have to somehow persuade him to-

"Sophia?" Luke suddenly called and I was snapped out of my thoughts, to see him standing there with a curious look on his face.

"Thank you for coming." I replied as he took a step closer. "I know we didn't get round to discussing everything yesterday so I was hoping we could now."

"Is this about our alliance? Because my father just told me that he is letting me marry you. It seems that my mother somehow made him have a change of heart." he explained, the twinkle in his eyes showing brightly from his excited words but I frowned. "It appears that you still refuse..."

"Yes. I'm sorry... I-I just can't marry you."

"Why not? We have finally been given the opportunity to get married yet you still want to try and destroy everything we have!

"It would destroy you  otherwise!" I blurted out as I got up.

"What?" he asked with a confused look and I gulped.

"Please, just hear me out. I need to explain everything that I have kept from you and I want you to understand why I left you." I said with a deep breath. "It wasn't for lack of love, or joy, or trusting you." I paused. "Its because I couldn't bare the thought of losing you."