"Yeah of course" you say. "Why the hurry?"

"I am leaving to go home tonight. I was considering canceling my flight but now you are here. I don't live around here but I try to fly in once a month to visit my parents." She pauses "Mom" she says correcting herself. "Now follow me"

***Time Skip***

The boys got you settled into your little room upstairs that was across from Lori's and left. Lori was a very kind woman but seemed upset about you being hired. Complaining about how she didn't need help and just wants to be alone. It made you feel kind of bad but you needed a way to work this case and this was the way. After a quick tour of the house, Cathrine handed you a list of medications and chores that needed to be done on a daily and weekly basis. You just smiled not fully understanding everything but you figured it would make more sense as you went along, but suddenly worried about when this case was over what would happen to Lori, and more importantly how long you were really going to have to work here.

"You get one night off a week from 6 pm to 8 am to do whatever it is you need to do" Cathrine finishes. She looks down at her watch and jumps up in surprise "I am going to be late for my plane. Thank you thank you" she says rushing to grab her packed bags. You heard her go tell her mom goodbye and helped her carry everything out to the car. She was listing more things that she claimed she forgot to put on the list. "And if you have any questions call the number I gave you". You gave her a tight-lipped smile.

"Of course. Don't worry about a thing" you say. "Have a safe flight"

She smiled at you and gave you a quick hug before jumping into the car and speeding down the road.

What a whirlwind. You stand there taking a deep breath and turn to see if the Impala was still on the street, which it wasn't. You felt your stomach growl and you immediately wished you had not signed up for this. You would rather be with Sam and Dean at some Motel eating take out.

However, after a minute you pulled out your phone and called Dean. It took a couple of rings but he finally answered.

"Hey sweetheart how's the new job?" he joked.

"Couldn't be happier" you say sarcastically. "I don't have any new info. I was getting instructions beaten into my brain" you say chuckling. "So when are you coming back around?"

"Coming back? Y/n it's 10 pm. Me and Sam were thinking about going to bed, plus while you were doing your orientation Sam and I snuck through the house. No EMF. No Spirits. So we have no clue what this thing is. We can't do that much good stalking the place out when we don't know what we are even looking for or when it will strike. Plus you are there. What can go wrong?" 

"So you are just letting me stay here by myself?" you ask a little surprised.

"I mean we can't stay there with you, and you can give us a call if anything happens. We are at the motel just down the street" 

"Alright. Keep your phones on you" you say walking back towards the house.

"Will do" he says hanging up.

Well, this is going to be fun.

You head into the house and up the stairs to knock on Lori's door. 

"Come in" you hear her say.

Upon entering you get a feel for the room. It was very old-fashioned with doilies and lace everywhere. Normally it would make you sick but for some reason it seemed to suit the room.

"Sit down" she says while sitting on her bed, motioning for you to sit at a chair on the other side of her. You do as she asks.

"what are you doing here?" she asks curiously, looking you up and down.