~ Superhero ~

As soon as I walked into the school, I felt several sets of eyes narrow in on assorted parts of my body and face. It was as if they were trying to pry under my clothes to see where those long healed scars and bruises were hidden. Or maybe they were looking at how sharp I had become, how primal my face had turned under that crowbar and the training that followed.

I knew I had changed over the summer. I had noticed, and my family had noticed. Even Alaric and Elijah had watched me transform into something brutal and cunning. I had been pretty before, in a sweet sugary kind of way. Now? I was all menacing beauty, a monster in disguise. But these people had never paid any attention to me before and now... now it was like they could see every hand print on my body; every scar and blow and bruise that had made me. 

"I saw that," Clair mumbled with a look that said 'intense' as we stood in line for locker numbers and schedules. Her soft eyes narrowed in on my face, looking at my swollen lips. Would she grow hard like I did with all this?

"Yeah, I did too," Rayne said with a glare. "Isn't he too old for you?" Her chocolate hair knocked my shoulder as she whipped her head at me.

"Kind of," I said with a small smile. Clair scoffed as we reached the front of the line.

"See you at lunch," Clair said with a wink as she walked with Rayne to their lockers, on the other side of the school no doubt. I watched them go, laughing as they went before I turned and headed down the senior's hall.

There were students all over the place, mostly clustered near the lone bench in the hall. I avoided it.

The school population was smaller than normal. This was due to the fact that it was literally located in the middle of nowhere and the only students enrolled had grown up here from day one. Maybe that was why Amara had chosen here to move me; less people, less witnesses if something were to go wrong. 

My locker smelt like musk when I opened it, musk and body odor. Perfect.

A body leaned into my locker, the weight slamming the open door closed, nearly missing my nose. I knew before I even saw his face who it was. 

"Miss me?" Jake said licking the corner of his lip. Ice blue eyes met mine, familiar grin cocked in my direction - like a loaded gun.

I held back a snarl, my Olympian soul breaking over the human upbringing. 

"Come on," he said raising his hand to grab a hold of my chin.

I kept still, sure if I moved I would blow a blaze of fire right down his throat. I took a breath to steady myself and brought both my hands up to rest on his chest.

I shoved, hard. He stumbled back but caught himself before he could topple over backward. He grinned at me when I straightened. 

I ripped my locker back open and kept putting my things away, my gaze nearly burning a hole in the back. Jake made his way around and leaned up against the open side of my locker. "You sure have changed," he said in a low whisper, husky breath hitting my face.

"Piss. off." I sneered refusing to turn my gaze toward him. 

"Who was the guy from outside?" Jake asked. His voice couldn't hide the note of anger that surfaced as he twirled a price of my hair around his fingers.

"None of your damned business," I snapped, flicking my hair out of his grasp. 

"Oh I think it is my damn business," he said leaning into me. The breath on my cheek made my stomach curl in disgust. 

I slammed my locker shut with my binder in hand. "I would leave me alone," I said as I walked away.

"And whys that," he called back from still beside my locked. "Worried you'll want to go round two?"