Be My Girlfriend for Next Week

Zacznij od początku

Suddenly, I saw Mr. Knight get dropped off from his car and check his phone, slowly making his way to the office building. Before I could overthink the desperate move in my head, I rushed over to him, feeling Michael's gaze following me.

Mr. Knight noticed me and stopped in his tracks; his expression turned into one of worry when he saw the fear on mine. I ran into him and my body crashed against his, as he held his balance for the both of us. I threw my arms around him and was on the tip of my toes as his arms wrapped around me, hovering my body over the ground since he was taller than me. I carefully held the coffee between my fingers and rested my chin on his shoulder as he held me tighter. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Michael glare at us, in anger and confusion.

"What's wrong, Valentina?" Mr. Knight whispered into my hair huskily, his grip tightening around me and his eyes scanning the crowd for something unusual. I watched Michael advancing towards us slowly and I broke apart from the hug, smiling up at Mr. Knight. He tilted his head in confusion, his arms still holding my waist protectively. I planted a kiss on his cheek, taking him by surprise, and I noticed a swirl of unknown emotions in his dark eyes.

"I'll explain later. Someone's watching and they need to know I'm with you," I whispered. Without hesitation, he understood, holding my waist protectively as he led me into the building through the crowd. I looked around for Michael and relief flooded through me as I couldn't see him anywhere.

Xavier

Fuck I'm late. My phone rang and a picture of Valentina flashed on the screen, her hands ruffling her hair as she scrunched up her nose while reviewing files on my desk. I had to capture that moment, right then and there. I received the call, grabbing breakfast simultaneously.

"Mr. Knight? Are you okay?" she asked, in an amazingly angelic voice.

"Yes, Valentina. I'm perfectly fine. I'm just running late," I replied.

"Oh. Sure, do you need me to prepare anything beforehand?"

"If it's not too much trouble, could you grab some coffee for me? I'll be at the office in 20 minutes," I rushed down to the car.

"Of course, Mr. Knight," she replied sweetly.

I know it's professionally appropriate, but I don't quite like her calling me Mr. Knight.

I reach the office and get out of the car, slowly heading towards the building. Valentina suddenly pushes her way through the crowd, rushing to me. The white skirt and cream blouse framed each of her curves perfectly, and her smooth hair fell in messy curls over her delicate shoulders. However, there was a prominent expression of fear on her face, and I was immediately worried. To my utter shock, she approached me and crashed into me as I held her, stabilizing her small frame. She wrapped her arms around my neck, and I placed my hands on her waist, tightening my hold on her, almost picking her up. This isn't like Valentina at all. Something is severely fucking wrong.

"What's wrong, Valentina?" I asked, worry evident in my tone. She responded by pushing her body up onto mine more urgently, as if pleading me to go along with whatever she was doing, as if she was in some sort of danger. Suddenly, her body became tense and she broke away from the hug. She looked up at me with a weak smile, and I scanned the crowd for possible dangers. Before I could figure out what was wrong, Valentina reached up and placed a soft kiss on my cheek, making me grip her waist tighter, my urge to pull her in was so fucking strong right at that moment.