CH 13. Tales around the campfire

So some parts may be a little rushed and I am sorry for that but this is actually a very important chapter.

I had planned to post this before X-mas but I procrastinate too much sorry🤗
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VIRGIL POV

"Good to see some things never change."

Joan bowed their head who had been uncharacteristically quiet. Thomas  placed a hand on their back and started to rub small circles on his back.

" Joan he's home and he's going to be alright. You got to stop blaming yourself. I was there to and there was nothing you could have done."

" Yea Right. All I had to do was protect him. If I can't even protect one half-blood what kind of stayer am I." Joan got up and trotted to the Pan Cabin.

"What was that about." I asked

Thomas lowered his head.
" things have tough between Dee and Joan ever since spring break."

"Why what  happened." Patton asked inquisitively.

Thomas rubbed the back of his neck and just stared at the campfire. " Well It's a long story but this past spring Dee accepted a quest from his father. To get some magical object in St.Louis. Dee could pick two others to go with him. Joan and I were honored to go with him. "

Thomas lowered his head again before returning his gaze towards the fire.

"We all went to St. Louis together. But we let our guard down we got separated and Jan-Deciet payed the price."

There was a moment of silence and when everyone realized that Thomas wasn't going to finished Roman finish the story.

" we had almost every Half-blood out looking for him. a week later he showed up at mine and remus' house . He was seriously injured we had to take him to the hospital. all of his wounds healed well all accept the one on his face."

I had wondered where Dee had gotten that scar. but I knew better not to ask. It wasn't to bad it went from the corner of his mouth up to his ear. still no matter how bad it looked I'm sure a scar like that hurt.

" Dee stayed at our house for another week. as soon as he was well enough Chiron set a pegasus to take him home. Ever since then things have been different. Dee  try's to act like nothing happened but we can tell he's not the same."

" what happened to him during that week?" I asked

Roman looked in my direction " no one knows we all have our theories but none of us know for sure."

Patton was the next to speak up.  " that must have been awful traveling all that way by himself."

"I don't believe that the physical Traveling part was the worst. Since he is a child of Janus he has the ability to make portals out door ways." Logan said as he poked the fire.

Roman could see that Pat and I were confused about what Logan meant by Portals.

" Dee is like the witch from Brave he can take any doorway and turn it into a portal to wherever he needs to go. however it takes a crazy amount of energy from him."

" So he just walked through your front door." Pat Exclaimed putting the pieces together.

"Kind of." Roman tried to hide a chuckle "Dee didn't come from our front door he Just fell out of our closet."

Roman explain how freaked out he and Remus were when Dee had just appeared.

~flash back ~

ROMAN POV

" have you guys found Dee yet." Remus and I were sitting on our beds. Remus was on the phone with Emile  asking if anyone had seen Diecet. it has been a week since we got the call from Thomas that Dee had gone missing on a quest.

Emile  has been on top of the search party. but since it was the school year not many half-bloods were able to help.

Remus and I wanted to go and join the search. but Chiron said we couldn't just in case Dee made his way south.He would be heading towards our house.

I hate feeling helpless. I know it's been eating at Remus. Out of anyone Remus should be out there.  He has been texting or calling Emile three sometimes four times a day to see if they've found him.

" Listen Remus we are doing all that we can. and when we find him you will be the first person I call."

Remus sighed " fine... ok thanks again Em."

before Emile could reply Remus hung up and put his phone on his night stand.

"He'll be ok. Dee is one of the strongest half-bloods I know."

Remus  was not convinced.  He flopped onto his green covers and stared at the ceiling fan.

" I just want to see him and know that he's ok."

Just then there was a bright light from our closet door. Then the door opened revealing a badly beaten Deceit.

" DEE!!!"

The boy started to fall. I dove to the floor to catch him. Within seconds Remus was on the ground next to us trying to wake Dee up.

" D-ee  you need to wake up please."

Dee's eyes slowly fluttered opened  a small smile when he realized where he was.

" H-eyy guysss lo-ng  time no ssssee."

Remus was on the verge of tears and look at me for what to do.

" Remus I got him go get Abuela (Grandma)she needs to take him to the hospital."

Remus got up and ran to find our grandma."Abuela toma el auto que necesitamos para ir al hospital" (Grandma get the car we need to get to a hospital).

~Flash back ends~

third person Pov

"When Dee was out of the hospital he stayed at our house for a week in he was able to ride a pegasus back to half-blood hill.

Patton had his hand over is mouth in shock. "that's awful, poor Dee."
everyone nodded there head in agreement.

" what's weird about it is the fact that the monsters didn't kill him." Everyone turned to Logan in shock. "we know that there were more than one monster. so why didn't they kill him, that's what happens to every other half-blood that gets taken."

"and there is something else" everyone stared at Thomas with wild eyes. " Chiron had a talk with the counselors for each cabin. and Monsters have been seen in... groups."

"what like a boy band." Roman interjected

" I don't know all that we know is that they are planning something. and it's not good. from what i've heard it's cause quite a stir at Olympus."

" Olympus... like where our parents live." Thomas only nodded to Virgil.

Everyone understood the severity of this news causing problems in Olympus.

"Look,"Logan stood up and put the out the fire.  " we may know this but we can't tell the other campers. It would cause a panic and that would not be good for anyone."

everyone nodded in agreement to not talk about this to the other campers. Then Conner the head of the Pan cabin came and told everyone to head to there cabin for the night.