CH12. Dinner time

VIRGIL POV

"Hey kiddo you got to hurry or we're going to be late for dinner."
Patton was dragging me from my cabin. we soon made our way to the mess hall.

well mess hall is a little bit excessive. it's more of a bunch of tables with a cover. It remained me of some of time ancient buildings I learned about in world history. there were picnic tables all lined up with one big one at the front. Joan was at the bigger table he was talking to a centaur.

I leaned closer to Patton " Pat who's that."
" Oh that's Chiron he's one of the counselors here you will meet him later at archery."

I turn to one of the tables. Remus, Roman, Dee, and Logan were sitting. " I just think it would be better than just some old shot"Remus looked like he was about to jump onto the table." you can't really think that,it's not only Illogical but insane." Logan said only looking up form him book once to address Remus. Pat and I sat down. Pat next to Logan and I was next to Roman.

( the set up is Logan, Patton, Roman, than Virgil on one side than Remus and Dee on the other)

" what cha talking about kiddos."
" You don't want to know." Logan said not looking up from his book.
" Yes they do nerdy wolverine. Emo, Family question." Remus turned so he could face me while Roman covered Patton's ears.
" What are your thoughts on the death penalty."

"uhhh..."

" Look don't take my brother seriously he harmless, most of the time." Roman said as he removed his hand from Patton's ears.

" HEY FOODS HERE!! COME AND GET IT BEFORE I GIVE IT TO THE CLEANING HARPIES!!!" A man In a hawaiian shirt started to yell by the counselors table.. " that's Mr.D Stay on his good if you know what's good for yea" De explained we all got up and went to get our food than we had to dump some of it in the fire which was confusing at first but Logan explained that they were offering to the gods.

we sat back down and started to eat as Logan and the other started to explain the functions of the camp more in detail.

Once everyone was done we started to make our way to the campfire there were a few Campers were sitting . Roman took out a guitar Thomas brought a ukulele and Joan had this cool looking flute.

after a handful of Songs some of the campers started to head to their cabin leaving Me, Patton, Dee, Joan,Thomas,Logan, the twins and Dees little sister. Elle she only 10 years old she is considered one of the youngest half bloods at camp.

" and that is how I found the camp. with Joan. and ever since then Joan and I go almost every year trying to find new campers." Thomas just got done telling his story.

" how about you Logan. what's your story." Patton asked

" well I was actually found by the twins. I was on a bus when a monster came. none of us really knew what was going on so we just ran until we couldn't run anymore. Roman actually was the one who put together that I was a Half blood."

" Yep Remus and I went back with Lo to his house, got his stuff left a note for his dad and we were on our way."

I turned to Logan " you didn't tell your dad you were leaving?"

Logan bowed his head and looked at the ground "my father isn't.." he waved his hand trying to find the right word "the most emotional or supportive type he always just stuck to his work as a college professor. All he really cared about was that I would get good grades and get into some big college."

" jezz that's no fun."

" No it was not." Logan looked up

"but it's fine. If my dad wasn't so hard on me about my grades I would never have been on the bus on my way to the library which means I would have never met you guys." "Awww that so sweet Lo!" Patton wrapped Logan in a bear hug. After a while Logan was able to wiggle himself out of Pattons grasp. lightly pushing him on the other side of the log the two were sitting on. Patton bounced back as he always did "well I think that was everyone's story all except your ,Dee."

The atmosphere got scary quiet after that All eyes were on Dee as he just stared at the fire. " I don't want to talk about it." Dee crossed his arms around his chest as Elle came and gave him a Little side hug.

" Oh sorry kiddo I didn't mean to push some buttons."

" It's fine Patton I know you didn't mean it."

Dee Lightly shook Elle who had fallen asleep on his shoulder.

"I better get this one to bed. We on for Capture the flag tomorrow?"

"Oh Hell Yea. we are going to wipe the floor with you guys."
Roman stood in a heroic pose

"Roman you are aware that the Aries and Janus cabin will be fighting alongside each other tomorrow " Dee said as he stood up carrying a very sleepy Elle.

" Dang it I should really talk to Derek about allies for capture the flag."

"Good luck" Janus retorted "we offered to first shower rights for a week. Derek would be an Idiot to back out."for the first time in the short period I have known Roman he didn't have any thing to say.

" what is it Princy, monster got your tongue."

Joan,Remus and Dee tried to hide their laughter. Roman glared at me as he sat down. "ha ha, very funny brad pitiful."

Before I could say anything Remus shot up to stretch . "well I am going to walk with Dee to his cabin ." and with that the three where off.

"Good to see something's never change."

Yay new Chapter is out hope you all enjoy.
Hope to have the next chapter out soon 💕💕💕

1026 words