Red Room // Storybrooke

Kyla had been staying at the Charmings for the week and only fought with David a few times. The biggest one being when David decided he would take over as Sheriff. 

For the past week, David and the dwarves were in the mines, searching for pixie dust. They had discovered that the Enchanted Forest did still exist and that Emma and Snow were there, fighting to get back. So, everyone was doing their part to gather enough magic to bring them back. 

Kyla had been in the mines, using her powers to pick out where the dwarves needed to use their axes in order to bring out the pixie dust. It was hit or miss most of the time, but they were determined to succeed. David began to pack up and addressed the head of their group. 

"Leroy!" He had said in his Royal voice, "If you find anything, I'll be at the Sheriff's station." 

Kyla turned her head slightly, listening in to their conversation.

"You taking over as Sheriff?" Leroy asked. 

"Stepping in until Emma gets back," he answered confidently. Kyla turned on her heel and stared at him. 

"Wait what? But I'm the Deputy. Shouldn't I automatically move into the Sheriff position?" She asked. 

"Well, you can be my Deputy, then," he shrugged his shoulders. 

"Yeah, no," she said. "Nobody else agreed to it."

David turned his attention to her. "Well, it only makes sense. I am the only warrior left here."

"The only warrior?" 

"I've slayed a dragon, saved Snow White's life a time or two and protected the kingdom," he said, putting on his jacket. 

Kyla snapped. 

"Protected the kingdom from what exactly?" She asked, walking closer to him. "The curse was still cast! We've been stuck here for almost 30 years, all of which you were in a coma for, by the way, and I'm the one that saved your life!! Regina has her magic back, Snow and Emma are gone and you think you've protected us?! Oh, you slayed a dragon! Join the club!" She yelled. 

The mines had become so quiet, all they could hear was her voice echoing over and over and over. 

After spending the day letting that fester, David and Kyla came to an agreement: He would take on the role as the Sheriff, as he was better at the administration side, but he wouldn't do anything without Kyla's say or help. They were going to work together. 

Which was helpful because Gold had needed their help as soon as they made that decision. Belle was missing. Her father kidnapped her and threatened to send her over the town line so she could forget all about Gold. He couldn't stand the idea of her loving the man. 

Belle, in the end, decided to choose herself over the two men, which left a devastated Moe and an angry Rumplestiltskin. 

Then there was the Daniel debacle. Dr. Whale - whose real identity was Dr. Frankenstein - was able to bring Regina's ex-fiance back from the dead. And just like the story, Daniel was a monster. He couldn't control his actions or emotions, and Regina had to let him go for good. 

This softened Regina a touch. She had the emotional pain everyday, but it had been years since she felt the physical pain of losing David and Kyla could feel every bit of it. She even pitied her, though she had been so awful to everyone. David felt the same. 

So, he allowed Regina to spend a little bit of time with Henry.

Henry had begun to have nightmares. He explained that after he would fall into a deep sleep, he would find himself in a dark room with no windows and no doors. The only light coming from the room were the massive flames that engulfed every corner. And there was a girl standing in the corner. She wasn't speaking, only watching the flames frantically. He said he tried to call out to hear, but the roar of the flames were too great.