Old Wounds // The Underworld

"What the hell?" Kyla breathed as they walked into the Underworld. 

It was a carbon copy of Storybrooke. 

She held on tight to Rider's arm. The emotions of those walking around them were all the same: hurt, pain, desperation...anger. 

Any sign of hope was gone in this realm. 

And it was making her head hurt. 

"How does the Underworld look like Storybrooke?" Emma asked. 

"Your questions are pointless," Gold answered. "All that matters is all these people in the Underworld are dead and trapped because they have unfinished business."

They heard a car engine rev just in front of them. A black and white Panther De Ville flew down the road. Emma's heart sped up. 

"Cruella," she said. 

"That's right," Gold said, "and she's here because of you. I imagine there are many here because of all of us. Let's not lollygag."

"Let's split up. We'll cover more ground," Emma suggested. 

"Agreed," Regina said. "The sooner we get out of here, the better."

Kyla could feel the rising anxiety in the Queen as well. 

Kyla and Rider followed Snow and David into Granny's Diner. Their goal was simple: find Hook. Kyla knew that she would need her sister to keep her calm if they did find him. 

"You guys go in," David said, "Rider and I will check around the block to see if we can find him."

Rider nodded at Kyla, who then looked at her sister.

"Lead the way," she said. Snow smiled and they walked into Granny's together. 

They were met by the Blind Witch, who was running the Diner. 

"Is that..." the Blind Witch started, "I know you. Are you Snow White?" She turned her head, seeming to look at Kyla. "And you, you're Rapunzel." 

Kyla and Snow shared an incredulous look.

"Can you imagine! Royalty!" The Blind Witch exclaimed. "Uh, what can I get you?"

"We're actually looking for a friend," Snow said. "He would've gotten here recently." 

"Dark hair, a hook for a hand," Kyla described. 

She gasped. "Captain Hook." 

"You know him?" Snow asked. 

"No," she answered quickly, "but your description's pretty complete."

Kyla and Snow sighed and backed away from the counter. 

"Well, that was a bust," Kyla said, looking around. 

"Do we need to talk about anything?" Snow asked. 

"No," Kyla said. 

"Then why won't you look at me?" 

Kyla rolled her eyes, finally meeting Snow's gaze. 

"I'm sorry it seemed like we didn't have your back, but-"

"Your daughter needed you," Kyla said flatly, "I get it. I mean, I don't actually get it, since I don't have a kid, but I understand."

Snow took Kyla's hand. "You are my sister. My family. I keep letting you down." 

Kyla sighed. "Maybe our expectations are too high."

Snow scoffed. "You have high expectations?"

Kyla shrugged. "I mean, yeah it's been a couple of years, but I'm still getting used to having a sister. Just like I'm sure you're still getting used to having a child."