A New Evil // Storybrooke

*present*

Silence. Pure, uninterrupted silence.

Kyla could feel her heart rate pick up a touch as she came back into consciousness. With that, there came noise.

Snow was in the room. She could feel the anxiety coursing through her sister. She moved her head slightly to try to get rid of the noise, squeezing her eyes shut tighter.

"Rapunzel?" Hook's voice said, a glimmer of hope coming through.

Kyla groaned, wishing she could return to the peaceful bliss of quiet.

"She's up!" Hook exclaimed.

Footsteps ran near her as she slowly opened her eyes, seeing David first.

"Where am I?" She asked, her voice dry.

"Our apartment," David answered.

She recognized their bed which was located on the first floor in their loft apartment.

"What happened?" She asked, turning her attention to Hook.

"You did it," he said with a smile.

"It worked?" Kyla said, a weight coming off of her shoulders. "Henry's safe?"

"He is," David said.

Kyla closed her eyes for a moment, a smile coming to her face.

"I can't believe it's over," she breathed.

"So you really knew his plan all along?" Snow said, her arms crossed in front of her body. Kyla could sense concern, but also a small fit of frustration.

"Yes," she answered. "Yes, I knew. We both did."

"And you thought the best way to go about it was the play his game?"

"See, but I didn't play his game," Kyla began. "I didn't know that Henry was the boy he was looking for if that's what you're thinking. I didn't know until he was kidnapped and taken to Neverland. A long time ago, before I was exiled, Hook, Tinker Bell and I devised a plan to put a stop to Pan."

"But you love him," Snow interrupted.

"Loved," Kyla corrected. "It was after I met Baelfire on the island and Hook introduced me to Tink. They told me Pan's plot with the boy he was looking for and we decided to take action. Once I was able to help Bae off of the island with no repercussions, I knew I'd be able to get away with just about anything."

"And, boy did she," Hook said with a laugh.

"We were close back then. It was all leading up to that stupid hourglass. God, we were so close," she said.

"What happened?" David asked.

"She started getting sick," Hook answered.

"My magic was growing weaker toward the end of my living there."

"You had said that he was poisoning you," Snow said quietly.

"Poisoning?" David asked. Kyla sighed.

"Pan was spending an exorbitant amount of time trying to find the boy. All he said is he would save the island. I, however, was able to delay the timing just a little bit by using my healing powers to heal the island."