Forgiveness // The Underworld

"Wait, what do you mean you're going home?" Kyla asked David, her aggravation rising. 

"We have been away from our son for too long," Snow said, her voice anxious. 

"And Snow can't go home because of the headstones," David reminded her. 

"This is not the time, though," Kyla said.  

"Hades took out all of the payphones, he cut us off from Storybrooke. We don't know if Neal's okay," Snow said. "What if this was a part of his plan? Hurting those in Storybrooke?"

"He can't touch Storybrooke. If he could, he'd already have wreaked havoc up there," Kyla said. 

"Maybe us coming down here opened a hole that he was able to reach through, we just don't know," Snow said, her voice growing more desperate. 

Kyla sighed. "How are you even planning on getting out of here?"

Snow and David looked at each other. 

Since Zelena's appearance in the Underworld, Ruby had also found a way there. She had been in Oz with Dorothy and Mulan and, after Dorothy was sentenced to a sleeping curse by Zelena, Ruby found herself transformed into a wolf and with the heroes in the Underworld. There was one way to get back, the slippers that Zelena had to transport through the realms. 

"If we get the slippers from Zelena, I can get home," David explained. 

"Right, because Zelena is so cooperative that she'll just hand them right over," Kyla said sarcastically. 

"This is the only plan we have," David said, taking a step toward Kyla. She looked up at him, feeling the longing for Neal. He was heartbroken, as was her sister. She conceded the fight. 

"I still think we need a better plan than to just trust that Zelena is going to hand over the slippers," Kyla said quietly. 

The door to Emma's house flung open with Regina and Ruby following in after her. Slippers in hand. 

"Apparently not," David said, staring at Regina in awe. 

"How..." Kyla started. Regina shrugged. 

"She wants a second chance," Regina said. 

Kyla shook her head, still staring at the slippers. "It doesn't make sense." 

"I know," Regina said. "But I'm not questioning it until we get David out of here." 

"All we need to do is find Dorothy's Aunt Em, get her kiss and we can head to Oz, then take you to Storybrooke," Ruby said. 

Kyla looked at her, confused. "Get her kiss?" 

"To get Dorothy out of the curse. She needs true love's kiss. What truer love is there than a parent? Or guardian, rather." 

Kyla could feel something shift when Ruby spoke about Dorothy. It was how she was feeling with Rider being gone. Her true love was in danger. 

And it's exactly how Ruby was feeling. 

"There isn't anyone else who could help her?" Kyla asked. 

Ruby shook her head. "No one else."

Kyla nodded, not wanting to intrude on Ruby's personal business. 

"Okay," Snow said, taking a step forward, "let's go find Aunt Em."

Ruby nodded with a smile and they headed out to get Emma and find Aunt Em. But before they walked out the door, Kyla grabbed Snow's arm. 

"I'm going to stay back. I need David's help with Rider," she said. Snow nodded. "But Snow, check on Ruby. You're one of the only people she really trusts. There's more to the way she feels about Dorothy, and quite honestly, she might be the only one who can save her."