And In The End... // Neverland

*past*

 As her time in Neverland continued, Rapunzel began to grow weak. Instead of going on adventures with Pan and the boys, she found herself exhausted from the most menial tasks. Peter's concern grew more and more each day, but she tried to convince him – and herself – that she was okay. But there was one big problem...

Her magic was fading.

Rapunzel was smart. She knew one of the only reasons Pan allowed her to stay on the island was because of her magic, and she knew that with it fading, he might not be as generous. However, she could still feel the compassion and love he felt for her. She prayed that she would be safe for just a little while longer.

She met with Tink and Hook frequently, but in recent days was not helpful toward them.

"What is going on with you?" Tink had asked, growing impatient.

"You alright, love?" Hook asked. Rapunzel was too tired to roll her eyes at his niceties.

"Tired," she answered shortly.

Hook and Tink shared a concerned expression, careful not to be too obvious.

"I felt that," Rapunzel said, pointing out the fear they were both feeling in the moment.

"We've just never seen someone as strong as Pan," Hook said.

"Maybe even stronger," Tink added.

"So it is a tad concerning," he finished. Rapunzel shrugged.

"It's just been a few days," she said. "I'll be fine."

"Any update on the hourglass?" Tink asked.

"Other than he doesn't take anyone there? No. But I'm trying."

"I know that you're protecting the island," Tink started, "and, as odd as it is for him, I can see that Pan truly cares about you. But you need to be careful. All he cares about is that boy."

"What do you mean, be careful?" Rapunzel asked.

"He will do whatever it takes to get to that boy. If he feels like you're in the way of that, he'll get rid of you."

Rapunzel paused for a moment, pondering her statement. "Do you know something I don't?" She asked.

"Just that Felix has been in Pan's ear. Though you've given the island more life, it's not enough. The boy is the only thing that will save him. And Felix believes you're standing in the way of that." Tink explained.

"What are you thinking?" Rapunzel asked, noticing the shift in Tink's emotions. Tinker Bell took a moment, but answered her honestly.

"I think he's poisoning the island against your magic. So anytime you use it...you grow weaker."

"I can take care of myself."

"No one is doubting that. But you're not feeling yourself. You need to be one step ahead of him."

Rapunzel nodded. "I will be. I'll get him to take me to the glass tonight." She said.

"Don't push yourself," Hook said.

"It just...it feels like I'm running out of time."

Pan tried to play it off like everything was the same. He pretended not to notice Rapunzel's change in pace, but she knew he could feel it. Inwardly, he felt a certain amount of concern, but also determination. It was almost as if he knew exactly what was going on. Rapunzel intended to find out the extent.