THE TWINS

Maria was slightly irritated because instead if asking about the kids Shreya was more concerned regarding Sameer and his whereabouts. Maria was hoping Shreya was not the type of girl who would salivate after her handsome boss .Already she was fed up of young girls and nannies pretending to be looking after the toddlers but their full focus on seducing Sameer .

She was expecting Shreya to be a fair nanny to the kids who had already lost so much in their life . These toddlers needed love , care and security after losing their parents . That is why Maria wanted them to have the perfect nanny .

Shreya seemed to be better than the previous girls but Maria was very cautious in this matter . Until and unless she was convinced she would not handover the kids to Shreya .

On reaching the toddlers Maria was happy to see that Shreya quickly gathered Rehan in her arms and asked him what he wanted for breakfast .

Maria remembered her old times when she was Sameer and Sahil's nanny .

Maria loved Sameer as her own child . Sameer and his five year younger brother Sahil had been practically raised by her . She had been employed by their mother when she was a teenager and now after more than thirty years she was still with them .

Mr and Mrs Singh had been very good to her . They were good and honest employers who had taken her in when she had needed them and in return she had been very faithful to them . She had loved their children as their own and even now Sameer respected her equally to his mother .

Both Mr and Mrs Singh had belonged to very rich business houses and their marriage had been arranged to merge the two family businesses. It was a business merger and there had been no romance but a sense of duty between both of them . In short they had married because it suited both of the families .

Infact Mr and Mrs singh had been so wrapped up in their lifestyle that after giving birth to their children they had simply left them in Maria,s care . It was not that they didn't love them but they believed that they had fulfilled their duty of giving two children - the heir to singh group of companies and then their role was over . After giving birth to two sons Mr and Mrs Singh had even shifted to separate bedrooms .

No one except Maria knew this . After staying in separate bedrooms both had indulged in series of affairs and eventually divorced after ten years of marriage .

As parents they had never been too involved with their children . The children had received the best education and the best facilities while growing up except for the love of their parents.

Maria had only been the constant figure in Sameer and Sahil's upbringing .

Sameer had always been the responsible one . He had the business acumen of his parents . He had joined the business ten years back , after his father had handed over the reigns and retired to Europe with his latest mistress .

Now at the ripe age of thirty five years he had expanded the business many times over and was counted among the richest men in Asia .

Sahil was the easy going child who had never bothered with the family business and Sameer indulged him as an elder brother .

Sahil had enjoyed his life with an unlimited allowance , falling in and out of love every second month .

Three years ago he had fallen in-love with an aspiring actress Neha . Though initially Sameer had disapproved of the match but when Sahil insisted that this time he was sure that it was true love he had reluctantly agreed to their marriage .

It was later on he found out that Neha had been pregnant so Sahil had married her . Sahil had stayed with her in Mumbai as even after marriage Neha was trying to break in the film industry .

Sameer had bought them a bungalow on Juhu beach and had arranged nannies for the twins and arranged for Sahil to look after their Mumbai branch .

Life had settled nicely for both of them .

Sahil had started to become responsible and was taking interest in the family business . Sameer was happy for him . Even his sister in law Neha had seemed to be nice . He could see that she truly loved his brother .

The birth of the twins had ensured that Sameer now no longer needed his own kids to carry on their family name . These kids could easily become the Singh heirs .

But then a major tragedy struck their family . Sahil and his wife were going to Khandala when their car was struck by a truck .

His sister in law died on the spot while his brother was taken to the hospital in a critical condition.

Sameer had rushed to Mumbai but the damage to Sahil had been extensive and even after two surgeries he was not able to survive.

However since his sister in law Neha was an only child and with no contact with her parents Sameer had full custody of both the kids .

Neha had run away from her parents house to become an actress against their wishes and thus breaking all her ties with them . She had had no contact with them for the past five years .

Hence Sameer was now the only known living relative of the twins .

Sameer had arranged for the funeral of his brother and sister in law in Mumbai, followed by a prayer meet in Delhi . He then brought the twins home .

Sameer's life had taken a complete turn as he was a confirmed bachelor with no idea how to raise two toddlers . He had arranged for nannies since his housekeeper Maria was too old to care for the toddlers but for the past few months he had not found anyone suitable.

Both of the kids missed their parents terribly and were a handful. As a result most of the nannies didn't stay longer than a week and left.

Hence Shreya had been appointed to look after the toddlers .