THE ANNOUNCEMENT

The next morning as usual Shreya and Sameer got ready for their respective offices , the kids for their school and none of the guests joined them for breakfast .

" Sameer they didn't seem very pleased with your announcement . I was expecting some retaliation but surprisingly the grandparents have done nothing " Shreya told him .

" Shreya that's where you are wrong . They are definitely planning something big . This is the silence brewing before the storm " Sameer replied to her .

Today Shreya had full office day but the workload was such that she called Sameer to tell him she would be late .

Animesh called her to ask if she was free for lunch but she declined . However she agreed for the next day .

When she reached the mansion it was dinner time and she found everyone seated at the table .

Sameer came over to greet her and asked her to join them .

She was too tired but freshened up and came downstairs.

" Since your engagement was so abrupt I believe you haven't informed any one . Have you Sameer ?"asked the grandfather.

" No sir but soon everyone will know "Sameer replied.

" Beta Sameer you are family and since we are elders we have decided to arrange your engagement party . Also we plan to extend our stay till Sunday . Hence Saturday night will be appropriate for the party "

Shreya had never expected this to happen . She looked at Sameer who looked equally baffled .

Sierra joined their conversation ," Since you don't know much about fashion and dreses I will help you shop and get you ready . Also Sameer I apologise to the way I spoke to Shreya previously . Hence I will help Maria with all arrangements for the party .I believe a party can be arranged at your house and gardens . After all you are practically family so this much is our duty "

Shreya was shocked by this sudden change in Sierra's attitude . Sameer had been right . They had retaliated in the best way possible. She had thought to keep this engagement a secret and once Sameer would be granted custody they would have declared their split but Sierra had turned the tables on them . Now everyone in Sameer's circle and even Animesh friends would come to know of this engagement . It would be very difficult to convince Animesh and moreover when time would come for them to separate everyone will know.

Infact Shreya was sure that her life would definitely change because being Sameer's fiancee would bring her in limelight and even it was all fake she would always be known related to Sameer .

" Actually I am a very private person Sierra . I am still not comfortable in front of do many people . We have just been engaged so lets wait for the feeling to settle in . What do you say Sameer ?" Shreya tried to convince them and also get Sameer's support .

" I totally agree with you Shreya darling . We can wait . We have our whole life ahead of us "Sameer supported her .

" Oh nonsense . Shreya how can you hide such a great news ? Everyone has been waiting for Sameer to get married for so long . They have a right to know. Also what about Rehaan and Ritika ?"Sierra said .

" I will speak with them " Shreya tried to control the situation x

" No the decision has been made . Your engagement will be announced with a party on Sunday . Maria has given us your regular guest list . You may add names Shreya . Rest all is done and decided .by us . You two just get ready on Saturday . Rest us elders will take care ," saying this all of them left the room .

Shreya had placed her head in her hands . She was very troubled and worried .

Sameer moved towards her , " Shreya dear don't worry. Its just a party . People will soon forget all about this ?"

" And what about Animesh ?"

" What about Animesh Shreya ? It's not as if you were engaged to him . You were just his girlfriend . He will deal with it . He has plenty of girlfriends to pass his time and warm his bed . You will soon be forgotten and replaced "

" How dare you Sameer ? How can you say something like this ? " Shreya shouted at him .

" I dare Shreya because I know him since he was a child . You are just another girl for him . Even though I agree a very beautiful one " saying this his thumb traced her lips gently causing her to sigh .

He then pulled her mouth towards him and kissed her savagely. Though the kiss was rough at first but once she complied he became gentle but the kiss went on for a good two minutes before he stopped .

Thus with the last words he too left the room .