THE PARTY

Friday was tomorrow and still Shreya had not broached the topic with Sameer .
She had twice declined to Animesh but he had been insistent saying that no one would know and it had been so long since they had spent time together .

Luckily Sameer informed them that he was going to Mumbai on the weekend for a business trip .He would leave tomorrow and be back by Sunday evening .

Now Shreya decided not to tell Sameer about the party . She would just inform Maria and leave .
She confirmed Animesh who said he would pick her at 7 PM for the same .
Sameer left in the afternoon straight from the office so Shreya came home after office and informed Maria and the kids that she was going for a birthday party with friends.
Since they would just be going to Anya's place she didn't dress up much just a simple halter neck blue dress with a pair of long heels and a blue eyeliner with a bright red lipstick and she was ready waiting for Animesh in the lobby .
Animesh picked her on time and they arrived at Anya's place to find a room full of people.
Though Shreya knew all of them because they were the same bunch she had met at the picnic but still she was mad at Animesh who had lied to her .
Animesh apologised saying that if she had known she wouldn't have come and he missed her terribly .
The party was enjoyable and food and drinks were flowing endlessly . Shreya kept to her one glass of wine limit but Animesh seemed to be drinking quite a lot and Shreya was worried that how she would go home .
But she couldn't fault his behaviour. Animesh was however taking very good care of her , never leaving her side and always making sure she was having her snacks z
When the dance started they moved to the dance floor . It was a soft romantic number and one of her favourite songs . Animesh was a good dancer but the magic she had felt in Sameer's arms was missing. Maybe it was missing because Animesh was a good friend and she cared for him while she still loved Sameer . She should stop comparing the two .
After the dance they enjoyed dinner and then started the couples game time .
In the first set the boys in the couple were to perform something to impress their girlfriends . Some danced while some sang
Animesh however spoke a romantic dialogue for Shreya . He enacted a scene from a popular Hindi move professing his love looking deeply into Shreya's eyes
However he performed so well and convincingly. everyone present could notice his honesty and earnestness that he had spoken straight from the heart . He won that round and Shreya was asked to kiss him as a prize .
Everyone was waiting for that kiss . Animesh could see she was hesitant so he pulled her in his arms and whispered in her ear , " Shreya dear you don't need to if you are uncomfortable "
" No Animesh " saying this Shreya gave him a peck on his cheek .
" Shreya this is cheating. If you call this a kiss then dear you need some serious lessons on the subject . Animesh hey she is your girlfriend and she doesn't understand what it is to kiss ?With your reputation this is totally unbelievable "taunted one of his friends .
Before Shreya could reply Animesh said ," Leave it . My girlfriend is shy and we don't need to display our affection in front of everyone "
Shreya surprised him when she kissed him lightly on his lips .
Again she felt nothing . When Sameer kissed her her body went on fire but here nothing happened .
The game continued for another hour. It was 2 AM when the party finished. Shreya could see that Animesh was too drunk to drive . She couldn't call Sameer's driver because it was too late .
Anya's house had plenty of rooms so all of them stayed behind .Shreya called Maria that she would be back in the morning .
Shreya and Animesh were given a room together . Shreya was reluctant but Animesh entered the room and slept immediately . Infact Shreya removed his shoes and placed the blanket over him . She herself took the couch . After staying awake for two hours finally she fell asleep.
" Good morning sleepyhead " Animesh kissed her on the forehead.
" Good morning Animesh. How is your hangover? Shreya smiled at him .
" My head is about to burst . We can have tea and then I will drop you home . Or if you have a change of clothes at your flat I can drop you there and then take you to office "Animesh offered her .
" That's a good idea . Animesh forget the tea . Take me to my flat I will need just fifteen minutes and then I will treat you to a tasty cup of tea there "Shreya said .

Her flat was around half an hour . By 9 AM Shreya was ready for office . They had taken their tea at her place and Animesh dropped her to office .

She was just entering when Sameer called ," Good morning Shreya . Reached the office?" He asked .
" Yes just reached "
" Anything you want to tell me ? " he asked .
" No nothing " she replied.
" Shreya where were you yesterday night ? "
" I went to a party and then stayed at my flat "
" Which party ?"
" A friends "
" By any chance do I know that friend ?"Sameer asked angrily.
" No you don't. Sameer she is my colleague Smiley "Shreya lied to him .

" Shreya I am trusting you so don't you dare lie to me "Sameer threatened her

"Sameer I am texting you Smiley's number . You speak directly with her " Shreya lied again . She was hoping that this would convince him .

" No need . I have my sources " saying this Sameer hung up .
"
Shreya worked peacefully for the next few hours.
Shreya was just deciding on lunch when Animesh messaged her ," Meet me at the cafe near your office for lunch . Waiting ."