THE BIRTHDAY PARTY

Sameer could easily make out how much Shreya loved the kids . Why the hell did she leave ?

He just couldn't understand her but one thing he couldn't doubt was her feelings for the kids .

He waited for another fifteen minutes before entering her room .

" Sameer uncle see what Shreya didi gifted us in our birthday .Isn't this doll house lovely ?" Ritika asked him .

" Yes Ritika it is lovely . We will get a new family of dolls for this doll house tomorrow after the party "

Ritika was bery happy on hearing this ,

" What about me ?" Rehan asked .

"We will get something for you as well " Now you play with your toys in your room and then we need to get ready for your party "

" Shreya have you got something suitable for the party else I can ask my designer friends to send something over "

" Sameer I buy my own clothes . I don't need any favours from you . Do you need any help with the decorations?"

" Shreya we have professionals coming over but first there is something you should know . Actually Rehan and Ritika's grand parents are coming today "

" You mean their mother's parents ?"

" Yes and I am feeling nervous . I want to make a good impression . Actually I am not sure of their intentions. Why are they coming after so many years ? Something fishy is going on and I need to find out " Sameer revealed to her .

" But what is there to be worried about ? You love them and you are their blood relative ?"

" But so are they . Maybe I am worried for nothing but I have a bad feeling about this . They are upto something "

" Sameer don't worry . They must be missing their grand children. Nothing else just don't worry" she placed her hand on his hand .

A bolt of electricity passed through his hand And he could see that Shreya too was affected .

" The party begins in another two hours so you may get ready accordingly "

" Sameer let me get the kids ready first and then it will just take me fifteen minutes "

She rested for another hour . Then she took milk and cookies for the kids who were playing with their toys . Their nanny was sitting with them .

Shreya didn't want to step on her shoes so she asked the nanny if she could get the kids ready for the party .

First she sent Ritika to take her bath and then Rehan .

Ritika was dressing up as a princess as was expected . Her dress was orange in colour with a long trail . . she wore matching orange and golden bellies and even carried a matching princess wand .Shreya curled her hair and left it loose .Then she clipped a crown to complete the princess look . She applied a light orange lipstick to Ritika . Ritika was looking so pretty and Shreya couldn't resist kissing her on her forehead ," My beautiful princess . I love you s much "

Rehan was dressed handsomely in a soldier dress with a matching cap . Shreya kissed him as well .

Shreya needed to speak with Sameer because she needed to confirm if the birthday party had a theme and she would have to dress accordingly . Maybe that's the reason Sameer had asked if she needed a dress . She felt she had been too quick to judge him .

She still had half an hour to come up with something .

Shreya knocked on his door but no one responded .She waited for five minutes and then She called for him . She heard a muffled noise so she entered .

Sameer was not dressed yet . He was wearing a black jeans but was shirtless . Shreya had forgotten how handsome he was .

" Sameer is there a theme for the party for us as well ?"

" No Shreya you can dress as you like . Why are you not looking at me ? Is something of the matter ?" Sameer asked .

Shreya was looking at the floor while talking to him .

" No its just that you are not dressed " Shreya stuttered .

" Oh my God Shreya . I am just shirtless . I am not naked . Though if you had arrived ten minutes before you would have found me in that state . I believe you would have fainted then " he laughed amused .

Shreya mumbled something and left his room embarrassed .

Shreya dressed into a new dress , she had recently purchased . It was a light pink coloured knee length printed dress . The dress had a fitted bodice but flaired at the knees . It was both conservative and elegant . She tied her hair in a bun and applied a light makeup of just an eyeliner and pink lipstick .

She went to the kids room but it was already empty so she went downstairs . As soon as she descended the stairs she could feel someone's eyes on her .

They were the kids grand parents sitting with Sameer , Rehan and Ritika .

Both the kids rushed to her , Didi "They had a questioning look in their eyes . Sameer introduced her ," This is Shreya , a close friend "

Before they could question Shreya the bell rang and other children started to arrive.

The entire dining area and garden area had been transformed as a kids playroom . On one side was a castle built in the garden and on the other side a mini battlefield where the boys could enjoy with their toy guns .

Even the snacks were according to the theme , doll shaped muffins , tricolour pastries and what not .

A magician displayed many tricks while a tattoo artist made temporary tattoos .

Then a team of artists enacted a play for the kids . After that the cake was cut . Sameer encouraged the kids to feed the cake to their grandparents .

After that a lavish buffet dinner was served to the kids . Shreya could see that the grandparents were not very happy even though all the arrangements had been more than excellent and Sameer to seemed to be quite nervous .

After all the children left he asked them to stay with them but they refused saying they had a room booked at a nearby hotel . They told him that they would be coming again tomorrow as they had something important to discuss ,after which they were leaving for their hometown .