New Friend.

"Okay, now you are just being childish."

Maybelle was pulling her incredibly heavy trunk towards the train that was waiting for the students. It was finally the holidays and she just could not wait to get a good night's sleep on her own bed. She was even excited to meet Cerebus, who had grown quite a lot, after such a long time.

But one thing bothered her. It was like that small spike stuck in your thumb that you want to ignore but can't stop itching it every now and then.

Yeah, her and Tom's childish fight felt something like that. Maybelle had realised that the Slytherin boy had become a good friend of her, whether he liked it or not. He had been ignoring her entire existence since the little stunt she pulled yesterday at Hogsmeade.

If it was someone else, she wouldn't even try to talk with them anymore. But Tom's behaviour suddenly mattered a lot, and she was scared of that. She never wanted to get attached to the boy.

But due to some twisted fate, he was the first one she became close with. At first, coming to this reality was just a fantasy for her, a simple bargain. But as she was growing closer to Tom and learning to care for him, the mission just became something more personal.

"Be a gentleman and help me with this trunk, would you?!" She huffed behind him but as usual, he ignored.

"It's your fault, you know? I had to break through that glass window for you and you didn't even heal my arm properly. I....think...it's bleeding...." She trailed off as she felt hot liquid drenching her Hogwarts robes.

Yep, definitely bleeding.

Suddenly, her heavy trunk started levitating.

"Thanks," she mumbled while rubbing her aching wrists. She followed him into the train where he placed both their trunks in the storage compartment.

She knew sitting with her was the last thing he would do. So, she didn't even bother asking him. She pushed past him to find a quiet compartment, which was almost impossible.

After inspecting a few, she finally found a very quiet one and slid the door open.  A frown immediately made its way onto her face when she spotted a boy seated in one corner with his nose buried in a book.

Maybelle cleared her throat awkwardly to gain his attention. Unfortunately, the boy jumped in fear and dropped his book. Maybelle finally took a glance at his face and a thought occurred to her.

He looks like a puppy!

The girl grinned internally and rushed to pick his book up for him.

"I'm sorry about that," she apologized, "Can I sit here? Only if it would not bother you. All the other compartments are full already."

She could see the boy hesitating for a while.  After an awkward minute, he nodded and went back to reading his book after retrieving it from her.

"Thank you," she said politely and slid the door behind her.

She sat opposite the boy and took out her own book from her satchel. It was a horror story. She was really into the plot.

A comfortable silence engulfed the compartment like a warm blanket. Maybelle completely zoned out for an hour or two and was brought back by the familiar jingle of the chocolate cart.

"Anything you want children?" The lady who was pushing the cart peeked through the door and smiled at the duo.

Maybelle jumped from her seat and went to inspect the cart immediately. She picked up some cake pops and a chocolate frog when she noticed the other boy was staring at the food longingly. She pursed her lips and bought some more things before paying some galleons to the lady.